new topic: the forum management Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 26, 2005 at 10:45 PM

ok, i know this one has come up before, but it is the one that will keep me from renewing my membership...

the forum doen't work. it is in snail-mail time. for a forum like this, on a dating site, to be functional it has to have a quick and witty 'call and response' tempo. because the management have to approve every message, the responses are delayed by a day or two, and that allows the impetus to die out.

on other sites the members are trusted to report abuse immediately, and there are management watching the boards, but the posts are put up instantaneously.

yep, this forum is not with the times!
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2005 at 08:00 PM

OK, I'll bite. Here's my 2 cents, which probably won't be posted in full.

I think it takes waaaayyyy too long for messages to post. I can't believe the degree of "moderation" (censorship if ya ask me) that goes on here. And let's not forget the favoritism shown to the frequent posters. I have commented on this before. For instance, SteveNADS can say "fuck", but I can't say "c-c-c-cerebrum". Lots of my posts get truncated (censored). We are adults that are treated like kids. I find it amazing that we can't be trusted to moderate ourselves and report abuses. Go figure. No way I'd pay till the reins are loosened a bit .........
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2005 at 06:51 PM

WOW ~~~

I take it back... WAY TO GO LargeFriends!!!

My post was up within 30 Minutes!!

I just might have to renew!!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2005 at 06:26 PM

I totally, whole-heartily, 100% agree!!!

The forum needs to be posted MUCH MUCH faster. I would continue to be a paying member if a few of these simle features were fixed or updated.

As for now, my paid membership days are numbered.
Follow - email me when people comment