ok well not 20 but a few... new to this site and really dating alltogether so looking for some help
1. does this site work?
2. ok i found 1 profile of a girl that is like very different from me but, opposites attract right? anyway she is wiccan and i'm catholic, would that cause too much trouble if i were to meet her?
3. do i have to pay to be able to use this site best?
4. i'm a big guy and no female has ever taken any interest in me... i often doubt someone is out there
5. i know i am "only 20" to some people, but i feel so alone and many of my firends have been dating and in relationships for a long time. why have i not met anyone... i just feel so awkward when they have their girlfriends over... i am the 3rd or 5th wheel... and... their GF calls like 20 times a day, and every time it makes me remember how alone i am
6. i've never dated or had s'ex or anything. but like i would like to get married and have kids some day... will my inexperience with relationships be a bad thing?
7. do good things really come to those who wait?
8. how can i just break out of my shy mold and be an interesting person?
1.Does this site work?
This site can work, but it's like most other so-called online dating sites where far too many people have unrealistic expectations and that stops them from meeting the people whom they are most likely to "click" with. So Yes it can work, but it might take some time to find someone.
2.Ok i found 1 profile of a girl that is like very different from me but, opposites attract right? anyway she is wiccan and i'm catholic, would that cause too much trouble if i were to meet her?
This really depends on the two people involved. Some people are perfectly fine dating people of different religions while some just won't consider it. They usually site maybe you might have different morals since you have different religions, but that's pretty much BS. Most of the morals that come out of religion can be arrived at using common sense and respect for your fellow human beings. Anyways though I got a bit off the question. The end point is that if two people are ok with it then it can definitely work.
3.Do i have to pay to be able to use this site best?
For the most part yeah you do have to pay, but if you're a crafty person you might be able to do some things without shelling out the cash.
4.I'm a big guy and no female has ever taken any interest in me... i often doubt someone is out there.
Well I'm sure many others on this site may have had similar thoughts. I for one have in the past and that has led me even to this day to still be rather skeptical when someone shows me interest. I guess you just have to bite the bullet and believe that someone will eventually like you for you.
5.I know i am "only 20" to some people, but i feel so alone and many of my firends have been dating and in relationships for a long time. why have i not met anyone... i just feel so awkward when they have their girlfriends over... i am the 3rd or 5th wheel... and... their GF calls like 20 times a day, and every time it makes me remember how alone i am.
Well that's just something you'll have to learn to live with until you get a significant other ... unless you're willing to give up your friends not to be inconvenienced about your feelings, thus isolating yourself even more.
6.I've never dated or had s'ex or anything. but like i would like to get married and have kids some day... will my inexperience with relationships be a bad thing?
I'm still dealing with this issue myself even though I'm 26. I'm not longer a v*rgin, but I waited very well into my 20's (don't ask how old ... hahahah) before I even had s*x. So now I feel like I'm a bit behind most guys my age whom are probably going on close to 10yrs experience while I'm still at ... well I'll keep that to myself ... hahahaha.
7.Do good things really come to those who wait?
I don't know this is one of those things people just say to try and make you feel better. Me waiting until well into my 20's to have s*x didn't bring with it anything I couldn't have gotten years ago.
8.How can i just break out of my shy mold and be an interesting person?
If you find the answer to this one be sure and forward the answer to me ... hahahaha ... this is just something we have to come to grips on our own. It does seem to get a bit easier with age, but sometimes even that doesn't help.
9.What is romantic to do on a date?
There is not one answer for this one. Different people find different things romantic so you'll just have to get to know someone to learn what they might think is romantic and such.
ok, i noticed you didnt get a huge
responce there so i thought id help
you out being a fellow male :P
i know its an old post and you may not
be around but if you are, then
maybe... just maybe.. i will blow your
ok, lets get crackin
1. i dunno, havent been on here long
enough yet :) nice people though
2. beliefs mean nothing and change as
you grow, it shouldnt be a big concern
but people are different... try to be
open minded but at the same time proud
of who you are, no one should try and
take that away from you.
3. pay = email, no pay = no email, you
4. there is.. this is a huge planet,
and the female ratio is higher than
the male ratio last i heard :O,
correct me if im wrong hehe.
5. yes it is always gonna be a
reminder if thats how you interpret
it, instead maybe try to see it as a
goal...and take this time to work
through whatever flaws and weaknesses
you may have. one of my friends and i
made up a saying once which is pretty
true.. "the more you stink at
something you like, and the longer you
stink at it for, the harder your gonna
strive and the more awesome your gonna
be at it in the end." study your
friends an learn from them.
6. depends... inexperience may mean
you'll do the wrong thing and end a
something abruptly.. but from
inexperience grows experience. ;)
Everything is a learning process
7.Yup, you just gotta know what those
things are and when you get them,
cause people arent gonna come up and
give you a box labeled "good thing
8.go out more with friends, go out
with family, push yourself to talk..
and once in a while, jump in the deep
end and do something totally out of
character... *shrugs* like go
somewhere youve never been or talk to
someone you dont know.. as long as
their approachable, you really have
nothing to lose.. do something nice
for someone maybe.
9. good question, be yourself, be
proud of who you are, be confident and
nice, be interested in whoever your
with, dont be pushy or cocky, and dont
think that you have to make the first
move.. were not living in the 90s
anyway, if your still here, hope that
helped. And good luck!
1. Yes this site does work even though I haven't found "the one" yet I have found some very interesting people and have made some life long friends.
2. Religion shouldn't be a big problem, it is an obstical the gets overcome very day in relationships.
3. The only good thing about paying is that you can email someone who you find interesting. It also had the beneft of letting you see who has viewed your profile or sent you winks.
4. I'm one for cliches
"don't judge a book by its cover". I don't have a problem with a person's size.
5. I'm only 21! and in the same situation as you are. All my friends are in relationships but I've made myself realize that it'll be my time soon and this "alone time" will help me find peace within myself.
6. I agree with Jessica on that. Doesn't matter how inexpericanced you are, with the right person you will know exactly what to do without thinking about it.
7. That's true! Your wait will be rewarded in time.
8. You may think to yourself that you are shy but to someone else you might be the most interesting person they have met, so that's a difficult one to answer.
9. The best romantic thing is to be yourself and let everything on the date happen naturally.
I'll give it a try:
1. I've heard that it's been successful for some people, in fact two wonderful people just started a relationship a few weeks ago via this site. So, for some 'yes' but for others 'no'. But that is for a variety of reasons- such as they don't put much work into their profile, are too shy to pursue anyone, etc.
2. In my experience, when two people have two very different religions, it is difficult to mesh those together, especially if they are strong believers in their chosen faith or spiritual path because religions greatly effect values and morals. But you never know!
3. Paying is usually the best method to get the best results, but it's not completly necesary. Sometimes you can even get around being a paying member, but it is very helpful other times.
4. I'm not sure what your question is, but know that you've come to the right place! And it's most important to be happy with yourself, before you can find someone who can be happy with you.
5.I'm "only 19" so I know exactly how you feel!
6. I don't think so. It is my belief (or perhaps hope) that when you find the right person, you don't need to rely on experience, you can rely on love.
7. I've been told they do, and I'm hoping it's true!
8. I don't think you can "become an interesting person", I think you're just interesting to different people.
9. Romantic? Bringing flowers, opening doors, pulling out chairs, doing an equal amount of talking, worrying less about having the perfect date and just enjoying yourself and letting the chips fall where they may.