Home > Plus size Forums > Family > Single Foster Parents Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Single Foster Parents
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 08:57

Making a difference in a child's life is my stabb at immortality. If I can change this child's direction in life then I've made life better not only for him but his future children. The work I'm doing can effect generations for years to come. Is there any other job more significant?
Making a difference in a child's life is my stabb at immortality. If I can change this child's direction in life then I've made life better not only for him but his future children. The work I'm doing can effect generations for years to come. Is there any other job more significant?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 09, 2005 14:27

I keep teenage boys and it's an adventure. There's never a dull moment in my house but it's definatley worth it. I take a class a significant distance away from my home but am usually back before the boys are out of school. Last week I stayed in town awhile and was pleasantly surprised when my 16 year old called and asked," are you still in L. A.?" I said, "Yes, why?" He replied,"well your usually home by now". I said, "Yeah but I decided to stay awhle." He Said,"Fine then" in his most sarcastic voice. I was blown away. Day in and day out you go through this routine not Knowing if anybody cares and the moment you step away they miss you. It's awsome.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 16:10

QT, anytime you want to e-mail me at katwoman68 and I am on the y
QT, anytime you want to e-mail me

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 30, 2005 10:25

You should check into it QT... I have had several friends who are foster parents and they have said numerous times how rewarding it is to be able to help a child who life has cast aside as garbage or useless. We had a family in our church in South Louisiana years ago who had 5 kids of their own and raised 7 foster kids. You could not tell which were foster kids and which were their real kids. It was truly a house of love.
You should check into it QT... I have had several friends who are foster parents and they have said numerous times how rewarding it is to be able to help a child who life has cast aside as garbage or useless. We had a family in our church in South Louisiana years ago who had 5 kids of their own and raised 7 foster kids. You could not tell which were foster kids and which were their real kids. It was truly a house of love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 30, 2005 08:07

Zbig and Kat, hats off to both of you. This is an idea i have toyed with doing myself. I would be interested in hearing more about both of your experiences.

Qt
Zbig and Kat, hats off to both of you. This is an idea i have toyed with doing myself. I would be interested in hearing more about both of your experiences.

Qt

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2005 07:25

Zbig, I too am a single foster parent. I did eventually adopt a little girl a few years ago from the fostercare system. I applaud you...I know the many struggles and yet rewards it offers.
Zbig, I too am a single foster parent. I did eventually adopt a little girl a few years ago from the fostercare system. I applaud you...I know the many struggles and yet rewards it offers.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 11:43

You are so correct.... nothing could be more rewarding! A hundred years from now, it will not matter how much money you made, what kind of house you lived in or what kind of car you drove, but what does matter is if you touched the life of a child. Keep it up!
You are so correct.... nothing could be more rewarding! A hundred years from now, it will not matter how much money you made, what kind of house you lived in or what kind of car you drove, but what does matter is if you touched the life of a child. Keep it up!