Home > Plus size Forums > Family > Am I being an A$$? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Am I being an A$$?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 01:28

Ok I'm sitting at home relaxing watching a comedy on television. The phone rings and it's one of my younger brothers in crisis, again. He's complaining and crying and just throwing the largest pity party you'd never wish to witness. I love my brother but I don't have much patience for people who make the same mistakes over and over again and then expect to dump all this garbage in your lap. Am I being a selfish a hole.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 22, 2006 12:13

Sometimes you have to practice tough love that is what my family had to do for me a while back. They let me know that they loved me and would be there to support me as long as I was making atteps to make the right choices they were no longer going to enable me. That little push is what I needed and I thank them for it each and every day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 03, 2006 18:55

zbig14u write:
Ok I'm sitting at home relaxing watching a comedy on television. The phone rings and it's one of my younger brothers in crisis, again. He's complaining and crying and just throwing the largest pity party you'd never wish to witness. I love my brother but I don't have much patience for people who make the same mistakes over and over again and then expect to dump all this garbage in your lap. Am I being a selfish a hole.

It's easy to turn your back on friends and family for an easy life and annoying that you have found your own peace of mind but that they haven't. But to be honest helping just one person who has turned to you will give you a purpose for being alive.

I thrive on helping others as it makes me feel like I am useful to people.

One day you might want him to be there for you and if you help him the chances are that he will be.

It is not an easy path to take and it is the path less trodden but it is the best path.

Now go and help your Bro out and stop asking us to pity you because you feel that he is pitying himself.

Love is the answer and you know that for sure.

Good luck
Sharpy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 15:59

i agree with fairy...i was in a bad relationship for about 5 years...and everytime he was an a$$ again i would go rying to my friends
Finally one said...ya know, if you want to stay with him fine...but you know how we feel and we really are tired of hearing about it
It really made me evaluate why i was with him and thankfully i no longer am
So maybe he needs to hear the same message to figure out what he is doing wrong (just my opinion since it worked for me)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 02:23

It's called tough love... sometimes ya have to put them in their place and stick to what you really mean in order for people to realize what is going on and what they are doing to the relationship thats in limbo

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 12:55

Well what works on my mother doesn't work on everyone but I put the phone on speaker and mute. I can go on handle my own business and every now n again give her a "UN HUH, WHAT, YOU DON'T SAY". She goes on for hours and is never the wiser. My brother is too sharp for that though.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 12:19

No!! But if you find some way to handle this humanely (for you AND your brother), let me know. One of my family members calls frequently to dump on me; so far all I've done is listen. Sometimes if I can't stand it anymore, I make an excuse to get off the phone..."gotta go potty" or something she can't really argue with :)