Home > Plus size Forums > Just Chat > Start a Conversation? Anyone? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Start a Conversation? Anyone?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 19:45

VACATION?????

HUM WHAT IS THAT....HEHEHEH..

Anyone wanna take me on vacation???

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 14:55

Because my mom's side of the family has a reunion in a different city every year, that is always a guaranteed vacation for me. Just last week it was in Birmingham Alabama and I have to admit that I had a great time. We went to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and the McWane Center. Because I love museums, both were right up my alley. Surprisingly, the kids liked the museum excursions also. We had our family picnic at Visionland and I enjoyed it as much as the kids did. I loved watching them enjoy themselves on the roller coasters and bumper cars. I got to sit by the pool as my neices and nephew enjoyed their time in the pool. I don't swim and have a fear of water over my head, but I was so envious of them! I told them that the next time that we go to the reunion, I will be in the pool with them, having as much fun as they did. Next year the reunion will be in Dallas and I am researching things to do while there just in case the Dallas club schedules alot of free time.

Besides my reunion in Dallas, my next planned vacation will be on an Alaskan cruise with my honey. Money will be a bit tight for the next 4 yrs while my son and his daughter are in college, but we think that if we cut back a bit, we can do the cruise comfortably in Spring 2007.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 11, 2005 20:54

ILUVFFW write:
Before this i was stationed in the UK for eight years so that felt like another vacation.

Where in the UK were you stationed? My ex and I were at RAF Mildenhall from 1990 to 1994. I loved it there. Beautiful countryside, wonderful people...I wish I could go back...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 10, 2005 21:32

scootnj write:
Ohhhhh.. that is one of my favs !!!!!!
I love to go to the New York Renaissance Fair !!!! If I could, I would go back in time and live that era.. oh boy I love the women there !

I would definetely be some sort of fortune teller, as I kind of am right now, since I read the Tarot cards as a Hobby... I love the occult and mistyc.

SCOOT>>> Are you able to do readings online? I'm interested if you ever have the time.

I love Ren. Fairs! I'm an unofficial member of The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. [SCA] The SCA is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe. They also host and sponsor events like these all over the globe.

I'm partial to the costuming! Those dresses are awesome with their snug corsets, infinite lacings and long skirts. I can't wait to put one on again. They can be rather sexy in certain circumstances.

Mnn...Vacation. I spent a week in Myrtle Beach. No biggie since it's like a 2 hour drive from where I live, but I do recall going to the Medieval Knights showing. I had a WONDERFUL time. The horses are magnificent and the display of hawking was supberb! I had a jolly good time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 10, 2005 19:51

smiles23 write:
There is a Renn festival this weekend near me- I am very excited- it will be my first!

is that the one in Tuxedo, NY ?.... cuz that is the one i go to.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 09, 2005 18:32

I've never been to a Ren fair but it looks like fun.. I think it'd kinda cool to dress up in atire from the period :)

A couple of weekends ago I went to Hyannis Mass, and took the ferry to Nantucket. Girls weekend away and it was a blast!

However my all time fav is Disney World! I am such a kid at heart! Went this past Dec to see the xmas decorations... Weird seeing fake snow though!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 09, 2005 17:39

I am kinda on a vacation. i am currently in biloxi and am here for a while to go to technical training school. This is my first time to Mississippi and from what i have seen it is nice here. KAFB is just two blocks from the beach and i have been enjoying running on the beach and getting some sun. Before this i was stationed in the UK for eight years so that felt like another vacation.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 09, 2005 10:18

Well, I haven't taken a vacation since 1997 ... I know... pretty sad huh? But when you live 5 minutes from the beach, then you don't really mind it as much. Most people plan their vacations to come where I get the pleasure of enjoying anytime I want .... lucky me!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 19:57

i went not really a vaction more of a long weeknd the 4th of july to luther michigan its up north me and my best freind and her kids and my daughter went to visit my aunt and uncle for the weeknd we had a great time we raoted marsh mellows and sat around the fire talking with the teesn and just had a great time

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 14:58

Hello there. Well, I spend my summers cooking for summer camps (a good way to see the country and still get paid for it). I would get bored on a vacation where all I do is see tourist sites. I think I prefer living and working in the location for a month or two. I'm in Kentucky and about to go work in Maine next week for the rest of the summer season. I would love to work in a camp in the New York State area.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 09:22

My most recent vacation was last October. I went to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Bar Harbor, and the New Hampshire countryside. Yes, it was a long vacation, but I really enjoyed the trip. If I ever get the chance, I'd love to go back to Nantucket and Bar Harbor...they were both extraordinarily beautiful.

And I love Renn faires too! Maryland has a pretty nice Renn faire, coming up in the very near future.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 21:16

I loved the renaissance fair...especially the costumes, and the chivalry...I am a hopeless romantic don't ya know...lol

something about men in tights really floats my boat...lmao

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 18:05

tulsaradiogem write: While we were there we went to the Arizona Renaissance Fair, it was a lot of fun.

Ohhhhh.. that is one of my favs !!!!!!
I love to go to the New York Renaissance Fair !!!! If I could, I would go back in time and live that era.. oh boy I love the women there !

I would definetely be some sort of fortune teller, as I kind of am right now, since I read the Tarot cards as a Hobby... I love the occult and mistyc.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 14:42

Hi All!

Gotta love anything that resembles vacation! I became my sister-in-laws' chauffeur on a trip that took us from Southeast Missouri to Niagra Falls, to Boston, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Amish country, West Virginia and back home. I loved all the places we went, things we saw and did, but I have to admit, I'd rather just lie on the beach! All that driving is too much like work!! Wishing all of you a sweet getaway this summer!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 11:06

It's been a while since I actually "went" somewhere on vacation. But I was still married then. We went back to Arizona to visit his parents. I'm planning a trip there over thanksgiving, for my best friend's wedding. But I definitely won't be seeing my EX-inlaws...lol

While we were there we went to the Arizona Renaissance Fair, it was a lot of fun.

Someday soon I hope to make a trip to six flags in texas, my daughter would love it...and I have family there I can stay with.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 08:56

Hey all!
My last vacation was in June. I went to Yellowstone national park with one of my best friends. We had a blast! I've traveled quite a bit, but have never seen geological wonders like I did there. If you get the chance to go, I'd highly recommend it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 06:14

The last time I went on vacation was 4 years ago to Naples, Florida. I wouldn't go back, it was soooooooooo hot in April. I would go to Vermont for my next vacation.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 07, 2005 05:01

How about, when was the last time you went away on a vacation, where, and would you go back if you could?....