Home > Plus size Forums > Just Chat > Start a Conversation? Anyone? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Start a Conversation? Anyone?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 21:51

Just curious if anyone would like to chat about topics other than bad dating experiences or lost loves, or losing weight...lol Not that those topics are bad or anything, we can all learn from others experiences, but it's hard to get to know people when all you hear about is the bad stuff.

So, the only taboo in this thread is religion and politics...otherwise, I'm open...let's talk.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 18, 2005 19:23

I took this pic of the ship i was on, The Mirical, while in port in the Bahamas. Looks like a post card, doesn't it?

Qt

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 18, 2005 19:15

My last great vacation was a year ago June. I went on a Carnival Cruise. Let me tell you all it was out of this world. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to hear about it!! I even swam with the dolphins while in the Bahamas. In the 'Blue Lagoon' of all places. Great people, pampering....fun! I'd love to go again soon. If you all dont mind i'll share a pic or 2.

Qt

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 09, 2005 15:49

If anyone wants to have some fun in a LIVE chat group, we have one on M$N now. Write me an emal or send an "I love you" wink if you can't sent emails and I'll be glad to give you all the details!

It is lots of fun and we are usually chatting long hours almost every night!

LadyLuc created it and it is incredible!
Looking forward to hearing from you folks,
Laura

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 09, 2005 01:44

AIJIN - I was gonna post about the SCA to all the Rennaissance Fair lovers. I attended some SCA weekend events as a teenager - - don't remember a whole lot - - was a bit intoxicated most of the time! LMAO. We young girls knew where to hang out for the booze! I do recall having a mad crush on one of the nights and making him a black and gold satin & lace favor he wore while fighting. Wow....if only I knew then - - wait a minute - - I did know then! LOL That's the other reason I don't remember much! HARDY HAR HAR

My only real vacation ever was in 2003, I took myself to Jamaica. Had the time of my life. I'd love to post a picture here, but um, I don't know how! Would somebody teach me? I don't know how to copy and crop someone's posting either - and put a direct response. You know, scoot nj writes......how do you do that?

yah** me.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 07:25

Hello funnyface,i've missed you,you were my first and you know what they say about your first,lol. I haven't been on a vacation in many years,I used to tavel a lot when I was younger,I have realy slowed down over the years.I think i'll plan one listening to everyone here. funnyemail me. Eddie B.just putanaol at end

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 03, 2005 11:55

My son and I are planning to go to Austin this month. Yeah, I know, real exciting. We're going to go to Innerspace Caverns and to see the bats at the Congress St. bridge.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 03, 2005 09:13

Sounds wonderful...I have never been anywhere and vacation...what is that..ha..
anyway, newbie here and like hearing about the places everyone has been ...so cool...can live vicariously through all of you...ha....Sunny

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 03, 2005 04:15

My last trip was two years ago to Europe. I walked from Milan in Italy to Namur in Belgium. The picture was taken in the Alps near St. Michel. Down the valley in the opposite direction is St. Jean where the Tour de France ended its first day in the Alps this year. Perhaps the best trip I've ever taken.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 14:16

My last holiday was in NYC but I was officially supposed to be working and I was hoping to visit Chicago again at the beginning of the year but didn't quite work out so hope to try again later in the Fall

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 17:28

I went to Myrtle Beach, SC in June. It was great. The weather was perfect up until the last day. It was okay that it rained though because then we didn't mind souvenier hunting quite as much!

I cannot wait to go back in September! (MB is more like a tradition than a vacation. I more likely to get lost in my home town than I am there!) ;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 29, 2005 18:25

I'm planning a vacation in Florida for some time next year. I want to visit my 90+ year old parents, but I'd also like to see some nice tropical stuff and meet some folks or even have someone travel with me to visit Florida's gorgeous west coast.

If anyone would like to go with me, meet me down there and spend some time doing some enjoyable things, write and let me know. I'd be happy to go with a lady or man friend, because traveling alone isn't much fun, and sharing expenses is even better!

I'm sure we could find some interesting things to do, like collect shells on the sugar white beaches, visit some nice friends of mine down there, and even go for a boat ride or some such thing. Let me know what you are interested in doing and when you can go. I'm flexible as to travel times.

Looking forward to going back to the gorgeous west coast of Florida again!
Laura

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 17:23

Best vacation this year....by myself, b&b in Washington, D.C. just checking out all the museums and memorials..beautiful...here's a pic I took...

p.s. Cat...usually it posts right away, pending any wacked out censoring...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 19:24

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site, a couple of questions. Does everything say pending approval when you change or write something?
I love the site
Cat

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 04:59

The last vacation I took was last summer. My daughter and I spent 2 weeks in lovely Florida. We spent 1 week doing the Disney/Universal Studio thing and 1 week relaxing in Fort Lauderdale. We had a great time - a vacation to remember! I haven't had the time this summer to vacation YET but I'm planning a small camping trip somewhere close soon!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 19:21

sixpaws write:
..now you toke all the fun out of talking..that just leaves the weather and you know what else....which do you want to start with..lol

Awww now, we can start with "you know what" IN the weather...LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 18, 2005 00:58

Around Dec or Jan I will be going back to Peru on kind of a working vacation, it will be nice since I havnt been in years. As for the last vacation it was to Phoenix to see family.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 13:44

I'd love to take a vacation, but I don't like going alone and don't really have anyone I want to take with me. All my friends are married or too poor to go on a vacation and pay their part.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 22:12

A vacation? What's that?! I haven't been anywhere in so long. I guess would consider the time I spend doing anything other than work/school as a vacation!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 08:33

we had 2 vacations last year. They were a few weeks apart. which is weird cause it had been years.
The first one was to West VA. I rented a cabin in the mountains and invited a friend and her family. 2 days before we left they found the body of a friend who committed suicide. Well we went anyway. I already paid and couldn't get a refund. I also needed time to greive in private. So half way through we had to come back for funeral. The went back. Didn't want to go back but I left my 4 year old there. I cried the whole 500 mile drive back. God i miss him.

So a couple of weeks later we went to the Outerbanks with a friend. I didn't want to go but the kids did so I gave in. I had a great time. We are going back at the end of August. I can't wait.