Home > Plus size Forums > Romance > What is Love? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What is Love?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 18:49

After reading some of the more recent post's... I thought it was time to start a more in depth topic.

What is Love?

Is it an emotion?
Is it a deeper feeling?
Is it a feeling at all? Or is it something more?
How do you know when you find it?
How do you know what kind of love it is?
How do you know when its just a friendly kinda love, or a forever after love?

Lets hear some of your opinions.... we need some new topics going in this forum.

Toketee

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 01, 2007 20:02

I think thatlove is like a wave. Goes up and down in quantity and quality. You could be at each other's throat today, and tomorrow be having a romantic dinner as if nothing happened yesterday. Love is what will keep you from heading to the hills when extreme difficulty arises in your relationship.
Love may not always be rational; cannot always be explained. Why would someone fall "in love" with the very worst of mankind on death row? Or endure years of abuse because of love?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 10:54

Love is a warm beagle...
Charlie Brown

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 19:15

I wanted to say I sent the wrong wink. I meant to say "I want to chat" not the one that was sent.
I'm sorry.
I thought I should clear that up.
I'll talk to you.
~Kiesha

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 19:12

BeingTrue,
I may be young to try to give you comfort and advice, but I want to see you feel better, so I'll do what I can.
I can offer you a friendship that won't leave you when you're down.
Sometimes I think God made me to be a friend to the friendless.
I know a friendship isn't the same as a partner, but I don't want you to give up on life. I'm here for you. You can talk to me.
I'm not a member of this site, but you can post on the site, and I'll answer.
Or I'll become a member, so we can email and talk.
Whatever will help you feel better.
Vaya Con Dios.
(Go with God)
~Kiesha

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 17:51

Beingtrue, Sounds like you have had it ruff with the ladies. Sounds like you are looking for someone to hold and love. Someone to share time with, and someone to love, and kids to love for and come home to everyday. I am willing to bet there is a girl out there wanting the same thing, will read your post, and say wow, he is for me. Keep ur chin up, I have felt the way you do. Many a time. Gee another day, whoopie doo. Sounds like you got some depression hittin ya. I truly understand. Keep your head up, ur girl is out there. Mine is, she still stuck in traffic somewhere, and hasn't found me yet

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 17:14

WHAT LOVE IS? WELL I THINK LOVE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU START TO THINK THAT NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME YOUR WAY AND YOU LOOK UP AND SEE THAT YOU CARE MORE ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE MORE THEN YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS HAVE THE CHANCE TO MAKE A DEFRIENCE IN THAT PERSONS LIFE,WHEN YOU WOULD DO ANYTHING TO JUST SEE HER SMILE TO WANT TO BE THERE FOR THAT PERSON WITHOUT THOUGHT WITH OUT RESON AND TO LOSE THEM WOULD MINE LOSING YOUR LIFE,LOVE IS WHAT BREINGS LIFE,WITHOUT IT WE HAVE NO-RESON FOR OUR BEING,MY WISH IS TO LIVE AS FOR NOW I LOOK FOPR DEATH DAY AFTER DAY AND THIS HURTS MORE THEN ANYTHING I'VE EVER FELT IN MY LIFE,SORRY BUT THATS THE WAY I FEEL AND I CAN'T TAKE THIS MUCH MORE,YOU SEE ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED WAS A FAMILY,THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER HAD AND NOW I DON'T THINK I EVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 21:06

I think love is like being home. It is where you are your most comfortable, most accepted and most at ease. Love is where your heart draws sustenance from the , sometimes not so nice, world.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 16:42

I'm not much for religion, but this verse from the bible could be an answer to the question......

"Love is always patient and kind; love is never jealous; love is not boastful or conceited, it is never rude and never seeks its own advantage, it does not take offense or store up grievances. Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but finds its joy in the truth. It is always ready to make allowances, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love never comes to an end." I Corinthians 13:4-8?

I like this and wanted to share it. Like I said, I am not a religious person but this verse struck a chord with me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 16:04

I have been married for 18 years now and we are probably more "in Love" now than ever. I also agree with RedHeadFire, love for me is what was left between my wife and I after the "butterflies" had left. Love is not a given, but something you need to work at.
We have based our love on mutual respect, friendship, sharing pain and joy and planning a future together. I like to think that the things we have lived through together makes us strong, but our plans for a future together make us stronger.
What does love feel like, I don't know, but the effect it has on me is that after 18 years we still sit together and hold hands to watch television, I call her 4 or 5 times a day from work to let her know what I have just seen, heard or done, we never plan outings alone, it is always a night out for us. My wife is my best friend and I trust I am hers, we are a team united against any challenge. She is the reason I go to work every day so I can come back home and greet her anew.
I am sorry if this got too soppy for you but it's how I feel.
Important message on Love, "talk to each other, work at it as nothing grows on barren ground"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 06:10

I can't say what being "in love" is.
I've not been fortunate enough to feel the arms of a man around me with whom I shared those feelings.
I can however say what Love is not...

Love is not hurtful
It doesn't raise a hand to you in anger
It doesn't belittle you or make you feel stupid
Love doesn't cause fear to well up in your heart at the site of him
Love doesn't disgust you and give you reasons to hide
Love isn't being embarressed that he is your partner
Love doesn't make you want to change everything about that person
Love doesn't make you dream of reversing time to escape him
Love doesn't make you want to change everything about that person

I could go on and on.
I add this opinion to the thread because I hope no one out there is in this type of relationship, cause if you are and your on the path to marriage, RUN. Your settling. You deserve better. Dont fool yourself into thinknig things will change, or they will get better once he/she has signed that paper and is legally yours. It doesn't work that way.

Change of subject:

Remember that little Cartoon called "Love is...", with that cute little naked couple? I loved those. They came up with some of the most profound, but simple examples of what Love is.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread... lets hear more. We'll have our own little "Love is..." right here! *smile*

Tootssssss........You start!
Scoot... where have you been, lets get your two cents in here!
Xobni and Mystic and all you other guys and gals, come on now, hibernation time is over and spring is around the corner. And some of you peeps out there who sit there and just read the forum but dont like to post... come on, suck it up and jump on in, the waters fine!!!!

Love is......... ?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 01:37

Redheadfire, well said! I think you've got it right on the money. Real love is when you love someone not just because of all the wonderful things they are. It's when you don't love them in spite of what you think are their shortcomings, but when you love them because of those shortcomings. Love does not require anything between two people except a deep emotional bond that wraps around your hearts and souls fusing you forever as one. No matter what the future may bring, your souls will always love each other, and you will always be in each others' hearts. Through sickness and in health, for better and for worse, ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 00:50

I loved what RedHeadFire had to say about love. I'm really young, but I think I am experiencing that kind of love. It is romantic but it is also very practical. When I am feeling like everything is falling apart, I know that my relationship is not. I know that my man will ALWAYS be there for me and that he may be the only person in the world who would never intentionally hurt me. When he reminds me how lucky he feels to be with me, I am thinking that I'm surely more lucky to be with him. When I'm upset he consoles me without asking for explaination and I always return the favor. I never feel young, fat, ugly or inferior. When I am with him I feel perfect, like the most beautiful woman in the world. I love him, and I also love the stability of our relationship.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 21:52

Love is getting out of bed to turn off the lights...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 17:07

What is love. Definitly a stumper. I thought i knew love, then it went away, i thought love came back, but yet again, it flew away, what is love, an emotion, a feeling, a sexual attraction, is it forever, is it a fling, is it physical, is it emotional, or is it both? Some of us have found the answer, some of us are lost in sea clingin for our savior to find us and show us what love is. SOme of us have been hurt many times and wonder if it still exitsts, or if its a thing people still want in their life.

SO if someone has experienced long and lasting love, it would be great to hear from you, so we can see that yes! it still exists in the this dark world.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 01:20

I like this....I want to know the answer too!