Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Long Distance Dating??? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Distance Dating???
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 20, 2005 10:32

Okay... i'm sure that most of you have come across the same scenerio's that i have with all of these internet dating sites. You find a profile match that sounds too good to be true, contact one another, chat a bit, decide yeahhhh, you'd like to meet... but they live umpteen million miles away from you!?!?!?!

How frustrating is that?!?!

So what do you do? If you travel to meet, supposeing that one or the other can afford it, then you have the trouble of relocating. and who is willing to relacate? How can you know if that person is really a good match if you aren't able to date often to get to know eachother?

Lets hear some thoughts on this, eh?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 23:21

Congrats Island man. Long distance is something I'm shying away from. The girl I'm talking to from this site is a 3 hour drive away. That's nothing compared to the sacrifice you guys have made but I don't even entertain long distant profiles. I might be missing the love of my life but I pray God would send her just a small drive away.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 18:09

come on down fatgrlover ... I am sure there will be heaps of aussies that will love u too !!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 24, 2005 12:19

Jesus Christ, I never noticed how many hot BIG girls there are down under....
I think I'm movin...
G'day mate!!!

RockChick on behalf of ALL yanks who LOVE the BIG girls...my heartfelt apology. I truly am sorry that happened to U.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 15:20

congrats Island man ..thats a great story... and Cathii I hope you and your bloke work out too ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 16:07

I did the same thing with a guy from PA USA back in 2001 ... we got on well ... and $10,000 later and a lot of heartache and tears it ended .. I paid for my flight... I bought him stuff for his home, I bought him a guitar for his birthday , and IBANEZ at that!! (not a cheap guitar) cooked, cleaned, looked after his kids, etc etc, just for it to fizzle out and him to say " I dont think I ever really loved you"

It was hard in all aspects, the emotional side, the distance, the financial .... and the fact I was putting in 100% for not much in return .... so , for me long distance Sux (but so have some of the ones I have been with here!! lol)

I have also started talking to a YUMMY guy off this site who lives in NY , he seems GREAT but once again I am apprehensive cause of the distance .... so now I maintain... if a guy wants me and he is Overseas... he can come GET ME !!! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 02:16

LONG DISTANCE DO WORK

I am a black man living in the caribbean on the island of St.Maarten. In 2004 february one saturday afternoon with nothing to do was just surfing the net and saw the profile with a picture of a bbw. I love large women with large top and hers were large and caught me full attention so I contacted her. At the time many things were going on in her life such a death in the family and a bad relationship. Anyway we kept talking for a few months getting to know each other and then in may exchangeed pictures. After that the sparks started I send her roses, post cards and other things then it was telephone calls daily. Now by this time she is saying that this Black Caribbean island man is to good to be true and wanted to meet me.

She lives in British Columbia Canada and was having time off for the Christmas Hoildays and won't be retuning to work untl late January 2005 so I invited her to the island.It was aggred that I would send her the ticket but something came up and I was unable to do it so she brought the ticket and came to me on december 26,2004 and I treated her like a queen in paradise just as I told her I would. I brought a watch set (his/hers) and at dinner on old years night I presented her the watch to mark the occassion. She left me with tears as she said that no one in her entire life has treated her the way that I did.

She retuned to canada and her time remain the same as the caribbean. I then got time off in november 2005 and I had to travel 12 full long hours to reach her but I did not mind because i was in love with a BBW the type of woman that I have ben looking for all of my life. One sweet loving and caring woman witha good heart and highly educated. So I spend three weeks with hr and had a ball and was treated as a KING by her family, co-workers and ALL of her friends.Now this was to good to be true for me as I never ever been treated that way in my life. I was happy , comfortable and her son share the same interest and it was as if that was my home. The last week before I left we got engaged and on leaving she change her watch to the canadian time and so did I of which it is still on and won't be changed again until I retuned to canada.

I am now back home in the caribbean spending a lonely christmas but will be relocating to canada by latest mid may 2006 and to get married in the summer.

LONG DISTANCE DO WORk but you have to know what you are looking for and want. Both parties must be open minded and honest so that trust can be built up. Yes it is frustrating but the REAL TEST is that both persons must be willing to stand the PAIN of distance and most of all the time. Time is the proven factor if it is going to work or not.

I love my woman with 46H top and I am going to marry her.I have already brought the rings with hers full of 14k diamonds.

One last note IF YOUR HEART DON'T FEEL IT please for heaven sake don't follow your mind.

Black Island Man

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 14:42

I've been doing the long distance thing recently. It's very difficult. Fortunately he did all the traveling. But at the same time, I must warn to make sure you know the person. Listen to your little voice and make sure nothing's telling you no. I think it can work but it takes lots and lots of work on both parts.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 03:11

I know exactely what you mean. I have been talking to a guy in Australia for the last few months. We get on absolutely fantastically he is great in every way.....but hes on the other sie of the world lol

We are planning to meet in march, he is coming over here for a week then i am going back with him for 2 weeks if all goes well.

I do believe distance can work if it is what both people really want. we have spoke about the relocating thing and i would move over there if all was going well (he has his own business so it is just easier for me to) but it is definately not something we are rushing into.