Home > Plus size Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Dones anyone here Rondy ???? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Dones anyone here Rondy ????
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 07, 2005 17:33

Does anyone else here go to Rondezvous'? The Mountain Man, black muzzle loaden, bon fire, moonshine'in, banjo pickin, bottle whitlin, hawk and knife throw'in kind??? Or am I the only one that knows what I'm talking about??? LOL

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 05:43

Yep, exactly. *smile*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 18:53

A Rondezvous is a group of people who come together to re-enact the pre-1840 fir trapping/mountain man era.

Long ago, the trappers had to travel all the way east to sell their furs to merchants. After a few years, the merchants decided they would get their goods faster if they had an agreed upon point and time to 'rendezvous' with the mountain men, and also bring goods such as gun powder and flour, etc to trade with the trappers. It was a time of wild parties and rowdy competitions.

When we come together for these rondezvous', there is always a traders row, and then a primative camp full of teepee's and canvas tents. People dress appropriately, and act the part. It's litterally like stepping back in time. It's wonderful !!! There are hawk and knife competitions, bow, muzzleloading, etc... all kinds of activities that go on, including the nightly bon fire and drinking moonshine and liquid apple-pie, and singing till you can't sing no more. It's a hoot!!! You really should check them out. They have these events all over the USA. Just do a search online and I'm sure you will find a calander of sorts for your area.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 19:54

Really ?!?!?!? That is sooooo cool ! I love going to them. Talk about stepping back in time ! To bad you didnt live closer... we have a big one coming up this month.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 16:58

i do, the are fun.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 19, 2005 08:49

Hmmm... It's a blast!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 15, 2005 06:41

ohhh heck no ! Its not scary at all ! Everyone dresses up in buck-skins and breech clothes or runs around half naked (in the summer months) while havnig a great time! Here's a site that will give you some kind of idea what it is...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 09, 2005 12:58

LOL....dido