Bariatric Surgery Health

• View author's info posted on Nov 28, 2005 04:35

I will get this type of surgery. Due to medical needs. Will join this site later. Mate1 and plentyoffish are nice.
    God gave us doctors for a reason. We have to weigh the pro and con on this individually. Let go and let God be God.Pray for others best interest too. You get blessed for even praying good for your enemies. Dahlia.

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Nov 04, 2005 05:35

I had obesity surgery about 4.5 years ago. Please look at my profile for more info. It's not for everyone. It wasn't for me. I have maintained a loss of 170 or so lbs, but miss every single ounce that I shed. If you are considering it, please have a complete psychiatric evaluation and clearance, especially if you've been overweight your entire life (as was I. By the way I just found this website and love reading the posts. Maybe I'll even post frequently since I'm no longer fearful of everyone and everything! thanks
  • View author's info posted on Oct 31, 2005 16:58

What is RNY bypass? Is it different from the Gastric bypass? Or just a different name. I am really looking into this. Lapband sounds good to. Have to look up that web address.
    What is RNY bypass? Is it different from the Gastric bypass? Or just a different name. I am really looking into this. Lapband sounds good to. Have to look up that web address.
  • View author's info posted on Oct 30, 2005 14:28

I believe that the decision to have bariatric surgery is a very personal decision between you and your doctor. However, if I had to give advice to a friend or a family member regarding it, I would probably advise them against it unless they were over 600 pounds and/or their life totally depended on it. The surgery is a tool and not a cure all by any means. After surgery you still have to eat right and exercise, so why not just do it that way from the get go? You lose very fast with surgery and if you have a lot to lose, many people will have a whole lot of excess skin which requires even more surgery. I say get on a healthy eating and exericse program and lose it that way. I have lost 200 pounds in 2 years on my own. You can do it too!

Best Wishes To Everyone!
    I believe that the decision to have bariatric surgery is a very personal decision between you and your doctor. However, if I had to give advice to a friend or a family member regarding it, I would probably advise them against it unless they were over 600 pounds and/or their life totally depended on it. The surgery is a tool and not a cure all by any means. After surgery you still have to eat right and exercise, so why not just do it that way from the get go? You lose very fast with surgery and if you have a lot to lose, many people will have a whole lot of excess skin which requires even more surgery. I say get on a healthy eating and exericse program and lose it that way. I have lost 200 pounds in 2 years on my own. You can do it too!

Best Wishes To Everyone!
  • View author's info posted on Oct 19, 2005 15:11

I had a RNY gastric bypass in July 2003. I have lost 160 lbs but I am still a BBW. I started out at over 400 lbs. I am happier today than I was 2 years ago. It is a choice that you need to make for you. I would do it again if I had to. I am looking into plastic surgery right now to remove my hanging stomach. Not a pretty sight. I know I will never be a size 10 but I am happy at where I am right now except for the hanging stomach. I can climb a flight of stairs, sit on the floor indian style, I can walk and not have to sit. It was my dicision for me to be healthier which I am.
    I had a RNY gastric bypass in July 2003. I have lost 160 lbs but I am still a BBW. I started out at over 400 lbs. I am happier today than I was 2 years ago. It is a choice that you need to make for you. I would do it again if I had to. I am looking into plastic surgery right now to remove my hanging stomach. Not a pretty sight. I know I will never be a size 10 but I am happy at where I am right now except for the hanging stomach. I can climb a flight of stairs, sit on the floor indian style, I can walk and not have to sit. It was my dicision for me to be healthier which I am.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 26, 2005 08:06

my momther and my aunt has had the surgery.
    both have health problems worse then before.
    thought about it myself.but seen what was happening to them both.
    i dont think its worth it.
    but i am hearing more and more about the band.
    would like to hear moe about it.
  • View author's info posted on Sep 21, 2005 03:04

hey Freya

just thought I'd let you know that I'm going to the info night of the Dr you recommended on Tues. If everything goes well this time next year I'll be having my operation(need to wait the 12 months for the insurence to work

I know it costs about $3000(Aus)with insurence or $11000(Aus)without.

Well I'll keep everyone posted on how I go!

Dana
  • View author's info posted on Sep 19, 2005 20:39

My mother had bariatric surgery years ago - nothing but trouble with vomitting/dumping and diabetes is worse then ever. Uncontrollable even with insulin, diet and exercise (high BG goes HIGHER if she even goes swimming or walks for a time).

G/F had it done about 8 weeks ago, with the minimum calorie intake nutrient deficiency is a problem. Yes, she is dropping weight.... however, no change in muscle tone.

I stick with being BBW, slower weight loss and walking/swimming - no matter what my weight might be - (I've been down to a 10 several times in my life) I will not judge others as being less then.

I love to cook as well as the sensuality of all that nature has to offer.

I hadn't heard of the band.. I'd love to check into that (contactinfoisinprofileforthosewhothinkwithbra ns)

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Sep 07, 2005 03:01

I would personally never get one. I've heard of some stories. I am trying to lose weight and so far so good. I've lost 15 pounds. I walk and eat healthier and drink lots of water. I also squeeze time for stomach crunches.
  • View author's info posted on Jul 20, 2005 10:05

the gastric bypass is a joke u will gain it back in 5 year time
  • View author's info posted on Jul 19, 2005 23:35

I know several women who have done the gastric bypass and it seems to me that their hair gets thin...has anyone ever heard of nutritional deficiencies because of not eating properly after the surgery?
  • View author's info posted on Jul 19, 2005 19:42

gorjustexan write:
    nice pic u r hot
  • View author's info posted on Jul 19, 2005 09:16

"hi have always been a lover of big beautiful women , i would love to have one of any race to be my girl friend and hopefully my wife.
    I'm 34, Heavy-set brown hair, green eyes with glasses. I'm disabled & Diabetic enjoy movies, going out, long walks, cuddling with that special someone.
    if your the big beautiful women that looks at the inner person
  • View author's info posted on Jul 19, 2005 05:56

I LIKE BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMEN WITH A GOOD HEART,THAT IS EASY TO TALK, TO I LOVE, TO HOLD HER HAND IT IS A TURN ON, FOR ME I'M A SUPER SIZE BIG HANDSOME MALE I'M A DISABLED YOUNG GUY WHO LOVE THE BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMEN LIFESTYLE, CAN YOU SEND ME A PIC?
    DO YOU LIKE YOUNGER MEN? I'M 34 6"4' 422 LBS WORKING TO LOSS SOME MORE WEIGHT,

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Jun 30, 2005 15:22

I had the bypass RNY on the 27th April this year, its a lot newer in the UK to the USA and i havnt looked back. Since that time i have lost 6st (84lb) and am already feeling great. Its no easy step but I have no regrets
  • View author's info posted on May 21, 2005 08:20

I have a best friend that had the band done and even got pregnant 2 years after having it done. Be very careful of the gastric bypass surgery though. 1 in 200 woman dies within 30 days of having that surgery done. I know of a woman that had the gastric bypass done 3 months ago and is so sick from it it is pitiful. Another woman I know had the surgery done and died 4 months afterwards from complications.
    Personally, I am dieting and exercising. I have lowered my calories to 1500 a day and I exercise an hour a day 6 days a week. I started on January 28th and so far I have lost 45 pounds. Also, just to let you ladies know the first two months of changing my eating habits I was taking a pill called Xenical. This is a pill which keeps your body from absorbing 30 percent of any fat you take in. It really helped me through those first two months when the cravings were really bad. You have to get it by prescription from your physician and most insurance companies don't pay for it. Here is Texas I was paying 124.00 a month for it, but it was very worth it. Check with your doctor and see if your insurance company would pay for it. I too don't think I will ever be smaller than a size 16, but I started off a size 26 and I am already down to a 22/24 depending on how the clothes are made. I have to say that I am very happy with myself and I do love the way I look. You have to love yourself the way you are now before you will ever be successful with any weight loss. And above all don't lose the weight for some man or to try to impress some man. You will just be setting yourself up for disaster and will be setting up yourself to lose any weight that you have lost. I have found in my life that no matter what you look like whether it be big or small there is always going to be someone that wants to change things about you. So change for yourself and not for others.
  • View author's info posted on Apr 19, 2005 10:10

I think it is a good idea,I myself am trying to shed the weight on my on which is hard,more so to commit and stick with a program,but i say to each his or her own,do what you feel is best for you, i know 2 people who have had the surgery and they look and feel great,one lady i know lost 140lbs in 7 months,the other lost about 100 lbs in 12 months,nbut their confidence levels are up and they feel great,my big beautiful behind has a treadmill and lots of salad in my refrigerator,my doctor wants me to do it naturally,so i am going to try,it would be nice if i had a buddy to help me.
  • View author's info posted on Apr 11, 2005 03:33

I have considered it and still am thinking on it.I have known several ppl to have this procedure done. I have heard the good stories and i have heard really bad ones. All i can say is ck the dr and make sure he has had a lot of success rates. and good luck hun in whatever you choose to do.
  • View author's info posted on Apr 08, 2005 00:47

Yes, I'm in the process of being aprroved by my insurance. One more step to go, and hopefully on the way to a much healthier lifestyle. I just want to be healthy so I can have kids one day, and be able to play with them. My mother had a stroke at 57 and SUFFERED in the hospital for 9 months till she died. I'm headed for that way unless I get approved.
  • View author's info posted on Apr 03, 2005 12:41

My Dad and Uncle both did it. They are 200% happier now then they were before and their value of life has improved drastically. They had an early death to look forward too, and now, they have a new lease on life. Nearly 90% of all their medical problems are non-existant now.

I think for the right people, its a great way to go.

Yes, it is life changing in more ways then one. It's also a long process and a heck of a lot of money. There are risks, and several have died. We nearly lost my Uncle.
    Definately do your homework and check into it and make sure it's the right thing for you to do. Join support groups or go to obeasity*com and read the good, bad and the ugly about things that have happened.

Good luck in your decision!
Follow - Email me when people comment