Home > Plus size Forums > fun on the side > Dating black men Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Dating black men
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 26, 2006 15:28

I was just wondering why is it that alot of women won't give some black men a chance based off of what they have heard, saw or been through? Then I ask, could you not experience this with anyone else particularly someone who you are close with outside of your same race?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 20, 2007 14:24

well, I guess it depends all on preference and how a person was raised... like me, I am Irish, Native American, German, and Mexican, lol... a very different mix, but so I was raised beyond skin color... and I actually find guys darker than me to be more attractive than guys as light as me...

One time, when my ex and I were walking into a store, an old lady yelled at me," you know they'd kill you in Africa" and she was black, my ex was black, and I'm white... so that night I was on the phone with my Grandma whose native american, and she said,"that's just how that lady was raised... let it go in one ear and out the other..."

So what I'm trying to say is women who have dated interracially have already experienced some form of discrimination, be it from society or their own families... and if they are still dating interracially, then obviously they are in it for the long haul...:)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share