Home > Plus size Forums > fun on the side > some men make us all look bad ! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
some men make us all look bad !
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 07:57

ok first off :
*guys* why do you lie to women ? do you think they are going to jump into bed just cause you sound good? you make life very hard for the rest of us ...lets try something new ...be honest tell the truth ....at least then when you meet someone you realy have a shot at something special...

*ladies*
ok first and formost most of us are real it's just the ones who lie and try to get you into bed before getting into your hearts are making us all look bad.....for that i'm sorry and hope you have not lost faith in us as gender.....

ok with that said why are we here? i hope to make friends meet nice people and maybe just maybe meet a special lady ..... but untill then ~~ lets chat!!!!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 21, 2007 17:41

Lets not forget national stats show that 30 % of people on singles sites are ....NOT

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 21, 2007 17:40

well I was on a free site before and got TROUNCED with names and other things I wont repeat here but One person did say "at least your upfront about it."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 08, 2007 15:49

Tony, hi there!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 09:31

I can't help thinking that there seems to be a belief that it's almost always the mans fault. I can vouch for the fact that this isn't true. There are just as many of either sex who seem to view fidelity as something for other, misguided, people to practise. If you're going to cheat think about what you stand to lose before you do. If you still do it and get caught don't bloody whine!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 01:05

simplyhim write:
ok first off :
*guys* why do you lie to women ? do you think they are going to jump into bed just cause you sound good? you make life very hard for the rest of us ...lets try something new ...be honest tell the truth ....at least then when you meet someone you realy have a shot at something special...

*ladies*
ok first and formost most of us are real it's just the ones who lie and try to get you into bed before getting into your hearts are making us all look bad.....for that i'm sorry and hope you have not lost faith in us as gender.....

ok with that said why are we here? i hope to make friends meet nice people and maybe just maybe meet a special lady ..... but untill then ~~ lets chat!!!!!

You mean you fond some that don't??? I'm sorry.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 09, 2006 17:45

u know what i find interesting - is the idea that the actions of one, changes the views of an entire group of people...i dated an idiot once does not mean that i view ALL men as idiots and i'll go as far and say that he was an idiot to me but a gem for someonelse....i have had too many positive male role models too allow one or any in the future to change my views on men....it is not only my view on gender but race as well ... i know what u are saying i'm full of crap, right...the truth is i've been hurt by white, black, asian individuals and i've had others from those cultures be there when i needed it most....i judge a person by their content not the color or gender....just my two cents

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 08, 2006 22:52

I agree with you .... that has been my experience, starting with my grandfather, father, boyfriends and soon to be ex-husband.....It is an obsession with that thing between their legs, as if that was everything ..... But, I am not giving up....there are a few good ones out there and I intend to live life to the fullest and hope that I run into one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 07:01

I have not lost faith in men because some cheat and lie...i believe just as many women do
Therefore i have lost faith in cheaters and liars....but not men or the populace as a whole...and i know just as many men that have been hurt by lying women as i do the reverse

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 05:18

Not to put a label on any one cuz..I really hate labels in general but.. From my life experiences so far..I'd say that maybe 90% of men.. Are out for ONE thing and they will do any thing.. Or say any thing to get it.. This may apply to women too I wouldn't know.. But it dose s*ck for the very few decent ones out there..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 23:34

Welcome to the internet!

I heard somewhere that 80% of the participants in the average lesbian chatroom were 20 to 40 year old men!

I still live by the moto 'To thine own self be true!' Heh, I have too, I'm not a very good liar.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 19, 2005 19:47

Honesty is definitely the best policy, and those who are using big whopping lies, or even little tiny fibs to meet people here or in the real world are doing both the people they meet, as well as themselves an injustice.

A member of this site contacted me wanting a polygamous relationship. This is something that is not of interest to me, however I do give this guy credit for being upfront and getting it out into the open.

Posting an old (or altered photo), or trying to be something you're not in your profile or chats isn't going to help anyone. While the truth may hurt... lies in the long run can be way more painful.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 11:06

i apologize for the way he treated you Mary. trust me, we aren't all like that. me, i am one of those guys that doesn't play games or lies to try and impress someone. what you see is what you get.

if i meet a woman and she wants to try and change everything about me (i have met a few), i just walk away. i mean, why is it that if a woman doesn't like what kind of work you do, car (truck) you drive, or friends you have, why would she even bother getting involved with you? i just don't understand that. i am getting too old to put up with that BS, and don't have time for games.

and on the other side of that, if we meet, and we just don't click, i say that it was a pleasure meeting her, good luck, and take care. i am not rude about it, i just walk away. but, i seem to get a lot of adverse reaction to that. and, i seem to get called a lot of interesting names. go figure.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 16:43

Mary.... sometimes that is just what we have to do! Life goes on.... we have a choice after being hurt... either lay down and die or get up, dust yourself off and get back out there! Glad to see you doing the latter!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 14:57

Good for you Mary. Nice to see you back
Best Wishes
Shuie x

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 07:17

Thanks for the kind words Kew! The reason I haven't posted was because I THOUGHT I rekindled a romance...oh well silly me for thinking.LOL

I'm just dusting off my britches and carrying on with the business of living.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 21:08

Simplyhim, very well put. I, too, wonder why men feel they have to lie about themselves. i'll tell you a little secret. it doesn't impress us at all. I look at this whole meeting/dating process like gardening. You have to pull a lot of weeds until you find that one flower. Then you admire the beauty of it and nuture it until it blossoms, no pesticides added.I'm not going to give up the hope of meeting that one special man whos honest and straight foward. He may not be on this site, he may be the one i run into at the grocery store! the point is, he's out there ,somewhere ,looking for me.i do hope all of you nice people who post in this forum find your perfect flower. I truly enjoy reading the posts in here, even though i don't add many of my own, i feel i know you all, and that's a good feeling.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 19:04

Mary... I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through with that jerk.... but it is good to see you back in the forums.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 03:22

Not just men, but women lie too. I started seeing an X boyfriend in March. Everything seemed to be going very well and all of a sudden, after seven months of dating, he started ignoring me and canceling all our dates.

To make a long story short I told him that the way he was treating me was unacceptable and I didn't want to see him anymore. A few days past and he emailed me one of the RUDEST emails I'd ever gotten in my life.

Basically, he said I was merely someone to have FUN with and that the reason I hadn't been seeing him on the weekends is that he is 'DATING' someone, and everytime we go and should be intimate he's cheating on the woman he's 'DATING'. His explanation was he's a typical h*rny guy and that cheating is bad but having FUN with me is worth it.

I cleaned up his reply but had I known he was involved with someone else I would never had seen him, much less been intimate. I'm still a bit dumbstruck. What saddened me more is the fact if he is doing this to some unsuspecting person, than more than likely he did it to me while we dated intially.

I don't want to loose faith in men, because I do desire companionship, but it seems to me that people define dating differently. I can't fathom how it's so easy for some people to lie and cheat. I have always been too trusting and too honest. Those days are over now.

I am beginning to believe that all the good guys do not reside in New England, particularly in Mass and RI. I wish I knew his handle here, because I also found out he's a member here too. He changes screen names like I change socks, so I'm unsure what he's using now.

The scariest part is I thought I knew him, and I was so very wrong. All I can say is 'if it seems too good to be true, often times it is.' I still would like to find a friend that I can spend time with, but in the meanwhile I'm just going to sit back and see where life takes me.

Best wishes to you all!

M~

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 08:52

You're a sweetie, simplyhim. Hey Girls, one of you younger gals outta grab him. hee-he! Thanks simply, you're a doll.

Available only
to logged in members