Home > Plus size Forums > Friendship > lied to Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
lied to
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 21, 2009 09:02

I think men and women lie on this website because it says large friends and it gives people an opportunity to meet different people even if they are married or not. That is what I think.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 18, 2007 17:31

Seems that if there is not a girlfriend or wife that there are also those who are not honest with themselves and when reality comes into the picture they have no intention of actually speaking or meeting in person. Seems that some are just exploring fantasies and relieving boredom. I am much more cautious after a few burns than I was at first. I am totally sticking to my neighborhood and meeting folks face to face asap and proceeding in a non internet manner - the old fashioned approach worked fine before the net can work fine post net too.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 17, 2007 06:39

This stories are pretty sad to read, but also a reflection of "reality check" I think

It is easy to be something on internet, maybe something one dream to be and have no guts to achieve. And such people pretend to be someone who they are not and lie.

Sad stories, hope no one gets hurt too much in this internet relations :(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 14:40

Interesting ... and a little strange ... that he allowed the comment to be posted on his profile. Unless Mrs X accessed it and approved it on his behalf, hehehe!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 17, 2006 02:30

I agree with you totally Birdy, it does make it difficult for the very few decent men out there, and like you I now have deep reservations. I hate this net dating sham as it's a total mockery, and just feel it exploits people's feelings and money.

What I really cant stand is the hypocrisy that this so called 'Mr Charming, I'm divorced and available' has got posted on his profile along with comments saying how 'wonderful, sensitive and so caring for others feelings' he is (fingers down throat)......until you get to the one from his wife! Well done to customer services for letting that one through the net.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 03:50

verawang write:
Think we've all been speaking to him......the one who forgot that's he's been married for the past 10 years, and still is.
Re:

It would almost be a relief if it was the same guy but somehow I doubt it is. Seems there are a number or guys on here pretending to be available for a potential relationship - I only hope that when their wives / live-in partners find out what the scum bags are doing they go after their tackle with a rusty knife!!

The sad thing is that I've started to expect the worst of every guy now - I actually feel sorry for the decent ones out there as it can't be easy for them when so many of their fellow kind are such losers!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 15:09

Think we've all been speaking to him......the one who forgot that's he's been married for the past 10 years, and still is.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 22, 2006 12:07

I'm sure there are some good men here. I've met one good guy from here. We became pretty good friends. But that was it. Unfortunately, or fortunately, however you wanna look at it, we're just not gonna find our soul mate on line. I'm not saying it can't happen because it certainly does. But just not likely. Some of us do have our profiles hidden because we do have someone in our lives that we sure didn't meet on line. And I think there are as many women here playing games here as there are men. If you want to take the time, you gotta weed them out. Quite frankly, I got tired of weeding. LOL!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 16:52

Thanks all...I appreciate all your support. Trust is so important and to have that beginning trust pulled out from under you is a terrible feeling. I know not ALL the men have the wife,and gf. It's the hidden background that hurt me and broke my trust.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 14:26

I feel for you sdlrglady. I've only just read your post, but I could have written it.
I don't know why they do it. But I do know that they are the losers in the end...poor deluded creatures!

I sleep a lot better at night, knowing that I'm honest with myself, and honest with others.
Just put it down to experience, and keep your faith in human nature.
One bad apple...etc xx

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 22:51

We don't all lie SD and we don't all have a wife or g/f or husband or b/f, like some on here that hide profiles.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 16, 2006 11:35

Am so sorry that you've been lied to and deceived. I have been and it's very hurtful but you do get over it believe me. It's not a reflection on you only your good character for being honest about things. Some men on here are quite sad and use this as protective camouflage to create a perception of themselves, which doesn't exist.

Think of what you learned from this and the experience, and add this to your check list, ready to tick off for when the next one comes trotting along.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 07, 2006 22:31

I'm very sorry that he lied to you. Newly developed trust is so fragile. And once violated, almost impossible to rebuild. I've been lied to several times as well.

There was a woman, who presented herself on here as a certain kind of person. When we met, she was completely different, and not in a good way. I've thought a lot about it, and I came to the conclusion that the way she is on this site is how she WANTS to be. Not how she is.

But I'm here to tell you that not all of us feel the need to lie. I've also talked with some very beautiful, warm, loving, and most importantly, honest women here.

Faith and hope are not just words. Hold them close and things will happen for you.

The Lone Roaster

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 06, 2006 12:58

Unfortunately I've found lying to be the general consensus here. Most guys, not all, but most are just looking for someone to talk to while the wife isn't home and to take a peak at dirty pics. But I've been lied to by more guys on here than I ever have been in my life.