Home > Plus size Forums > Just Chat > Starting a conversation Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Starting a conversation
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 10, 2006 11:01

Is it just me or does it seem like most of the men will NOT initiate a conversation when chatting. I have had to start the conversations with all the men I've chatted with. Just wondering if any other lady has had this little problem.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 14:38

It's probably because most of the men on this site don't bother to pay for it so they cannot initiate contact. for some reason, they rely on the women to pay the fee to talk. If a man does not pay the fee, I personally question his intentions. I am sure a lot of guys will get their nose bent out of shape because of what I just said, but it's my opinion and experience and I'm sticking to it! LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 10, 2006 16:06

I have had a two that knew that a conversation was a two way street. One in particular. Loved to talk politics. And yes, I've had the men that just sat there and let me talk. I got frustrated with them, and their one or two word answers.
I've also had them suddenly disappear, or just quit talking altogether. That's just plain rude.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 10, 2006 15:44

I've had that experience many many times. It's even more infuriating when they initiate the initial conversation then appear to want to sit back and let you ask all the questions. Maybe they are shy, can't type so quick, or just have nothing to say, who knows?!

I've also had some brilliant conversation where the chat flowed from both sides, so hang on in there and hopefully you'll find some guys who know the art of conversation too!