Plus size Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Horses Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Horses
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 11, 2004 15:44

Anyone in here enjoy horses any discipline.

deb

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 24, 2007 16:50

I don't do much riding any more, but I grew up riding.

As long as the animal is used to large riders, it's more about your balance & seat than your weight (within reason--come on now, I hope you all know that I don't mean a big gal like me can ride a shetland pony ^_~). Most horses can accommodate a SSBBW who can move with with the horse & not throw it off balance (but personally I think it really isn't fair for a big gal like me to get up on a horse that isn't in condition).

I prefer ground-work now, especially with with donkeys & mules (I like to tell people my mother has a prize-winning @$$, haha--of course I mean donkey).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 08, 2007 12:40

I have ridden horses most of my life..travelled all over africa. and competed on all levels.. and done most things breeding training racing s/jumping dressage showing. x-country .. 3 day events hunter trials fancydress..charity events plus.. havn't done that much in the last 5 years... mee riding brazichka my 8yr old gelding :) in 97 in Zimbabwe .showing class

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 11, 2007 16:55

It's all in the horse you pick to ride. A horse who is in shape can easily carry 25% of his body weight comfortably - include the tack too. So if you picked a light breed horse they can be 900-1000lbs while a draft can weigh in at 2500lbs. My old QH was 1500 and he carried me like I was Twiggy. But riding is a LOT of work (stomach, legs and arms) and you will be very sore if you dont prepare before hopping on for an hour or so ride. It looks a lot easier than it is :-) But the love and trusting relationship you can build with your 4 legged riding partner is pretty amazing!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 24, 2007 17:34

GApeachBBW write:
Hey fellow horse lovers!
I actually own a few horses. One Clydesdale, a TB, two Andalusians, and a Friesian. *smiles* Quite a collection! It's nice to see other horse people on here.

Re:

Oh I'm so jealous! I had a Friesian filly bought but the vet who vetted her missed a GLARING problem (she was club footed in BOTH front feet) so thankfully the woman took her back. I currently have 2 off the track TB's that try very hard to drive me insane

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 22, 2006 16:45

Hey everyone! I have a ? for you all. How big is too big to ride a horse? Being a SSBBW, would I kill the horse when I got on?lol. In all seriousness though, how much can a horse carry?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 16, 2006 20:15

This is my first post, so forgive me if I in some way mess it up! lol. I am a fellow horseygal! I have three geldings.. (RoDeo, RoMeo and Biggin) I rodeo all of the southern states all year and we take a trip to Texas and Oklahoma twice a year!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 05, 2005 15:38

Perchiegirl.

I enjoy horses. Need any help?

John

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 27, 2004 15:50

NC,
I just bought her for myself for X-mas. I spent time saving up for her, but it's definitely worth it! She was my dream horse too..hehehe..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 17:55

I'm green with envy. A Freisian? Oh, I'm so jealous! That's my dream horse! When I find a rich man. LOL!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 21, 2004 20:51

Hey fellow horse lovers!
I actually own a few horses. One Clydesdale, a TB, two Andalusians, and a Friesian. *smiles* Quite a collection! It's nice to see other horse people on here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 09, 2004 18:10

I do! I do! Love draft horses, draft crosses, and Morgans!