Home > Plus size Forums > Friendship > Diet Partners ! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Diet Partners !
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 22, 2005 19:50

I doubt I will ever be "thin" but I think I would like to take off at least one dress size.
Maybe it would improve my sleeping or make me more agile by day. It can't hurt thats for sure.
I was wondering if anyone wanted to partner up on my endevor , like diet buddies or something.
We could give each other moral support during the rough times and chear on during the easier times.
If you are interested , post here !

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 14, 2008 04:19

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the site and I joined Richard Simmons 5 years ago at the heavy weight of 475 lbs. I am now at 320 lbs as of right now, I want to continue to lose the weight and get healthy, I feel so much better.

I learned that this is a life style change and not a diet, His plan is very easy to follow as I have tried all the others out there. I pretty much eat what I want using portion control and exercising everyday. I believe in carbs as I love them and if God didn't intend for me to have them then he wouldn't of invented a potato....LOL.

My trick is if I fall off I get right back on the next meal, I don't wait until the next day. I also eat when I crave something because if I wait that is when I find I binge on that food and go way over the portion that I can have....

I even set up my own personal gym that I have in the back part of my own home.... To motivate me I either listen to music or pop in one of Richard's tapes.... So as you can see from about weight I am down 155 lbs to date.... See you all around....TClark

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 18:08

I just stumbled over this wonderful thread! Congratulations to those who have lost, and prayers for those who are trying.

I lost about 70 pounds more than 10 years ago, but have been stuck ever since. At this point I've built up a big pile of reasons to lose weight, especially the short life expectancy on the branches of the family tree that look like me!

Since mid-January I've started working out 45 mins, 6-7 days a week and eating low-fat, low carb, lots of fruit and veggies and water. So far, I've lost 11 1/2 lbs.

For those stuck on a plateau, Oprah's trainer Bob Greene had some advice -- you need to shake up your body. Either change your diet (try eating 6 small meals instead of three), or change your exercise pattern (try interval or circuit training).

What I've figured out so far is that the body is super-smart at holding onto fat, and you have to constantly trick it into giving up the weight!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 23:00

Doe, you aren't that far from me. Do you ever walk on the weekends?

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 18:29

Hello, I have been on a mission to lose weight, become more mobile a get fit. I have lost 43lbs which is about 2 dress sizes. Start to think about losing a pound at a time. Think and don't get discouraged slow and steady wins the race and you will be surprised how making small steady changes in your eating habits will pay off. Drink lots of water, eat fresh fruits, forget fried foods, pasta(large servings) and breads and fats. Take things slow and change one habit at a time. You will see the difference soon.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 03:42

Haven't started it yet but thank you sara

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 20:49

PINK/PENQUINS good lukc on the diet program hun XOXOOX

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 20:47

oops sorry i "went on so" in my post i got carried away thank you so much though for anyone who bothered to read phew felt good to LET IT OUT relief lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 20:44

well i have to say i've always been thin? till now? UGH? i've quit smoking back in 1998 but it didnt start then.
i meand i think for me? though it started when i was in my 20's yikes. it just creeps up on you if you've always been thin and suddenly gain like this? it's tramautic to say the least phew... but thank goodness i'm still smoke free 8 plus years now? relief. so oh well? to me THAT is more worth anything phewww!
since i quit smoking i also got my teeth renovated and i love to smile too now ha ha. but of course? now i gained more weight then ever so it's taking away from the smile it's so HARD it's hard. i can truly empathize with all of us here i can!
i udnerstand what another poster and others (including mom *ahem* lol) have told me "it's a life change" blah blah blahhh whatever not to mock them but? my gawsh? what if it's a lot of things happening? like the quitting smoking, going through the dental renovations, (thank gawd i saved those babies phew what smoking does to one?) ugh.. and now??? menopause?
i have dieted before and have always lost easier though? wow WHAT IS THIS can someone PLEEEEASE tell me i aint a lone for us gals menopausin' out there? this is the WORST? someone tell me they are experiencing weight gain here with menopuase too? i am wondering is this all me lol
anyway thanks for letting me vent. do not want to sound you know "whiny" or whatever but things are a happenin' here and it aint a pretty site and i've never been quite so traumatic bad weight wise here myself...
it's good to know this site is here i love the post boards you all rock thank you for making me feel welcome too XOXOXOXOX ev1... sarah in san diego

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 16:07

I started weight watchers yesterday. Hi
5, it is tough but worth it. 1sweet try adding crystal light or drinking flavored water. Sometimes the flavored water might cause you to hold in sodium
is what I'm told. I drink every thing as cold as possible. I don't have a problem to much with weekends it is when I work nights that I have problems. I am now taking veggies and low cal snacks with me to work @ night.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 07, 2006 23:52

hello bee.... i'm so glad i'm not riding this train alone!.... :) :) i have a couple of friends that have been going to curves for awhile and they love it... they tell me it's not as stressful on their joints... yea, the portion control is what does it for me too, and if i'm not getting my walking in i'm lucky to see ANY results ... do you have a problem with getting enough water? i have a hard time getting my water in... the only time i really want to drink it is when i'm thirsty and we know that doesn't count.... and are weekends as tough for you as they are for me?... i just want to be bad alllllll weekend long! lol ..... sometimes i think that i am just going to gnaw my arm off.... i'm really kind of going off on a tangent here you know... you know why? because it is saturdayyyyyyy night!.... seriously.... but, i AM happy... lol thanks for all the positives bee...
it really is up to us.... and only us...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 07, 2006 06:57

LoL... Well least we know whats on his mind..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 14:40

1sweet, I too got off track during the holiday. I am going to try weight watchers this time. I am still going to Curves. I enjoy my work outs, now I need to get back to portion control. I need to think positive and realize that I can do this and I will. Only we can make it happen for ourselves by watching what we eat exercising and
making positive changes to our life styles. Hooray

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 18:58

hmmmmmmmmm......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 02, 2006 17:15

oh please tell me that everyone is going to get back on this train ?!?....
i was not very kind to my body
over the holidays... again...
my hips and thighs are retaliating!
where is the conductor?
i need you... lol
all aboard everyone... choo choo

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 18:30

hi everyone i m pretty new to this but would like to join in, i am about to start the GI diet, any one know much about it?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 22:37

Hello to all I just wanted to say I've been reading these poasts and felt like adding my 2cents lol.. Any ways I've been over weight my hole life as far as I can rember.. And never really lost much weight doing anything.. Despite the fact I was really into intense sports for a while.. But its really gotten worse the last few years for me after I had my son.. And I've ballooned up past the 300 mark..Now I just orderd a diet program called the 6 week body makeover system.. Now I know its not all going to come off in 6 weeks LoL.. But hopefully if I stay with it I can lose some of this weight.. I dont wanna be "skinney" I just wanna feel healther.. If any one else has ever tryed or herd of this diet plan let me know how it worked.. Thanks :) And also what are your thoughts on fat burners you can buy in the stores...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 18, 2005 15:34

Hello I would like to join in with someone who like to lose weight and have someone to back me up when times seems impossible. I will be visiting my home in columbia in Jan. Send me a line

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 28, 2005 19:17

Congratulations to all of you thathave lost weight, and way to go for those of us that are just starting/thinking about the weight loss process.

Having great support (like from this group) can make a world of difference in one's success.

Like many of you, I would like to lose enough weight to feel comfortable in my clothes - I have never wanted to be stick thin.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 08:15

I believe when you are stuck and are doing the right things you have reached a plateau. I think you need to try something different. I have been doing the Curves weight loss challenge. This challenge is supposed to boost your metabolism. I have lost
another eight lbs so far. I find that sometimes instead of losing weight I lose inches. I am also more aware with the challenge the amount of calories I am taking in.