Home > Plus size Forums > love > Anyone ever get lonely? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Anyone ever get lonely?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:12

Anyone ever feel really lonely? I dont mean lonely as in 'on your own' but lonely as in you could be in a crowded room and feel alone? Dunno if it's just me or what, anyone have any comments?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 10, 2006 23:40

When you are alone, you feel lonely.It's common.When you are in crowds,you still feel lonely.That means you are lack of heart to heart friends.Feel free if you are new at some place or you have some bad feelings right now.I believe with your effort,you are sure to find some good friends.Best WISHES!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 06, 2006 14:19

Sounds like you stole a line from one of my poems! :)
Yes, I agree that type of loneliness stems from being dissatisfied with superficial relationships, and yes, there are many of us out here that feel alone even in crowds.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 05, 2006 21:13

There are times when it happens. I feel like the third wheel when at a get together without a date and everyone else seems coupled off. The thing that makes me feel the loneliest is when someone will look right at me, and then dismiss me like a random thought. It's like I didn't exist to that person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 05, 2006 17:46

This is how I feel Sometimes:

sometimes i am strong, i feel able to do anything
sometimes i am confident, ready to take on the world
today i have no strength
today i can do no right, i just don't know how

sometimes you can lean on me, let me be your strength
sometimes you can count on me, let me be there for you
today i am weak and shall fall without your help
today i need you to be there for me

sometimes i am content to make it on my own
sometimes i am connected even when i'm alone
today i need a friend, a love
today i am alone in a sea of people, abandoned and afraid

sometimes laughter rings within my heart and my soul
sometimes joy shines brightly from my eyes
today there is silence and my heart lives in cold
today my eyes hold pain and fear, today i just feel old

will sometimes win over today?
who knows, who can say?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 01, 2006 15:42

Of course I get lonely! I just had a night out with a great bunch of girls from work, with a few partners turning up later - and me? Home alone again. Most of the time I love it, but I often feel left out when the conversation begins with 'We .....'. It's a long time since I was part of a 'we' and it never gets easier, just different - sometimes harder, sometimes it doesn't affect me, but until you've been 'alone as well as lonely' you've no idea how hard it can be.

I've no dog to take for walks on the beach - and walking alone I feel unsafe. I've no car so can't get out to the moors and hills - buses never go where you want to be!

Is there no-one in the SW of the UK in my position?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 17:32

YES I FEEL THE SAME SOMETIMES TO...GO TO A PARTY OR BAR OR FUNCTION THAT HAVE COUPLES. YOU DON'T EXIST...THEY LEAVE U AT THE TABLE WHERE PEOPLE SAY...[AHHH SHE MUST BE ALONE]ANYWAY TY FOR THE TOPIC....AM NEW HERE IN THE FORUM......DEB

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 13, 2006 11:46

Hi all, I too feel this way all the time. I don't know if anyone else has had this expirence. I felt this way years ago before I met my exwife and now that she has left me I feel the lonelyness again. For eight wonderful years it didn't matter if I was 500 miles away from her I didn't feel alone, she was always with me in my heart, if not in person. That is why I'm here to find that feeling once again. If you ask me true love is all that can truely beat depression. I hope all of you find this. Good luck

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 22, 2006 16:57

Generally speaking, I think that is classified as depression. I have fought depression most of my life and that is how I have felt most of the time. I could be in the biggest crowds and still feel like I have been alone forever.
To Cathii: although my guess is that it was meant as a joke, drinking only intensifies it most of the time. So I would hope that nobody tries this as a cure!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 17, 2006 12:32

I know what you mean Knocker. I feel that way often. Perhaps it's the person who craves to give love & receive it inside.. aching to get out..and at the moment unable to do so?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 20:17

I feel this way quite often.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 08, 2006 06:45

Lonliness can be an overwhelming feeling of despair. Unfortunately I am in that space at the moment. I live in London since leaving the Army, and with no family whatsoever. My brother died only 2 months ago and though we werent close I knew I could give him a call or pop around to his house. We would discuss anything from politics to religion and any topical issues. We would argue, laugh or simply tell each other off for whatever reason. I look forward to the online chats from guys but it only fills a void for a short time. I do somewhat feel disconnected even when in a crowd but hopefully this will pass in time, so i can empathise with anyone who is going through this feeling of lonliness. Some advice on how to vercome it would be appreciated.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 15:26

Know exactly what you mean.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 18:29

I have and do experience this overwhelming sense of lonliness at times ... mostly when I'm alone ... or life is a bit slower. Kind of a longing for a deeper connection ....

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 10:32

Sometimes lonliness is more common if one does not enjoy being alone. I rarely feel lonely and I actually crave more time to myself. I do want a sexual friendship but I have two true friends and that is all I have time for. I am busy with work and school and I find both of these things meaningful. I enjoy the days and evenings I have on my own and spend my time; reading, listening to music, writing, or just thinking.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 07:50

Thank you all for your advice/comments.Much appreciated, especially Cathii 's..... "Just drink more" LOL.
I'm usually a very happy bloke but sometimes.....mmmm. O well, down the pub! LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 18:44

Jackthelass, hit it on the nail for me as well. It is not often but when it does happen; it happens when my children are away at their dads. I too tend to just go and do something else or sometimes cuddle up with a really good book to get out of reality for just a bit.

As humans, we are so complex sometimes and that is what I believe gives us all individuality.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 13:22

Sorry to hear that and yes I do know how you feel. Been lonely in my marriage for so long.

At some point in our lives we need to get the courage to get up and make the first move, it takes practice but we can do it (maybe with a little help)....You alone can do it, but you can't do it alone.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 12:32

I think that I know what he's talking about. Knocker I think what you're saying is that there might be times when, even in a very crowded area, you feel a bit "disconnected". Kind of like everything is happening around you and you're there but not part of everything. I get this same feeling at times. When I get this feeling, I just need to leave and do somthing else, or if I need to stay, I just try to concentrate on other things. It is one of the most profound feelings of helplessness.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 14:12

Hmm....Not sure what you mean, Knocker81.
I dont very often feel lonely as such, very often...But I do miss someone there when i get home at the end of a long day?...Does that count?
When I am out with friends, then No, I cant say that I feel lonely...A bit wistful, at times, when I see couples leaving together at the end of a lovely evening, or a nice party....BUT then I think, Woo Hoo..I can go home to no one snoring in my ear, having a bed to myself, and no one hogging the bathroom!!