Home > Plus size Forums > Friendship > Why can't men be friends for more than 15 mins Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why can't men be friends for more than 15 mins
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 18, 2004 04:04

You know it is starting to hold true that you have 15 mins of fame. I think all of the men/boys I have met on here and other places have been geniunily nice at frist but I can't get past the first 15 mins without the sex topic coming up. I am far far far from a prude in fact I like sex as much if not more as the next person but I don't want it to be the reason for the relationship. Talking dirty is wonderful if you know what the person looks like and more than 10 mins of info. I mean there is nothing to work with at that point anyway. What the heck?? I am a mom and divorced. I know what to do in the bedroom. Only thing the ex and I agree on at this point is the sex life was the only thing not broken in our marraige. Am I alone on this?

Ok I am climbing off my soap box before it gets pulled from under me...:)
Dee

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 15:07

Well people bring up the subject on any and every chat site/room and or forum on the internet. if its a good thing talking about it on the internet i don't know. But i won't bring up the subject on the internet. Its the same thing as women asking here on the internet "where you are working" how much you get paid, etc. To me its so stupid.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 01, 2005 15:47

hey, I found out through trial and error you can use: "nookie", "knockin boots" and the "HORIZONTAL MAMBO!!!"

Amazing what this site finds as offensive!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 09:47

LOL, Mary.. and I wasn't even trying to refer to S*X in that context...I got the biggest giggle out of that.

So glad I can still get it even if I can't type it in here...*grin*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 25, 2005 11:03

Goddess do you mean the S word .LOL!! I would like to think that is not a bad word..but apparently Largefriends doesn't want to offend anyone.

I figure if I'm over the age of 18 I think I should be able to type the word S * X....seeing I'm able to have it lol.

Maybe we should just type intercourse?!? LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 15, 2005 13:34

I think it's a ego thing with people..they want to know that they can still attract the opposite.
I take the lighthearted and sarcastic approach when messaged by guys like that. Once they see u are not gonna react they often will drop the intimate side and usually behave themselves.
Just my input

cant believe i couldnt say "the word"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 10, 2005 18:05

Well I'm a 26 year old guy and I never bring up the whole topic of s*x when I chat with someone. I have however been the recieving end of women bringing it up first. I think to myself gheez nothing I said mentioned s*x or anything closely resembling it so how do we go from where are you located to can I see your d***, do you have a cam, or the like. So I for one can contest that women do it too, not just men. Not all of us are into just talking about s*x or trying to find someone to cyber with.

Just my 2 cents,
Rodney

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 00:46

Wow..good point Mystic.

You're probably absolutely, completely,unequivocally correct.

Thinking back..YES it does seem the "15 MOF" guys were those I didn't have much interest in. I think on-line it stands out more so because you don't really know if there's that attraction, physical that is, that has you both wanting the same thing. And it really is hard when you get that feeling of some one being a "15 MOF" when they really are great...you love spending time with them, but there truly is no attraction beyond that. So what then..how do you keep the friendship with a "15 MOF" without getting slathered on all the time...or do you just throw the towel in on the friendship and move on?

And honestly the teaching aid some "15 MOF" people need is more like a large size Dump truck then a 2x4...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 19:47

OMGosh! I need one of Mystic's teaching aides! LOL

Seriously, though, I think maybe we just aren't working hard enough (me included). Mom always said if it was worthwhile, it wouldn't come easy. While it has taken me 35 years to "hear" that, I think I'm finally gettin' it...maybe...lol

I know I have to go through some not-so-great friends, to find the good ones. That goes for men and women.

Of course, all that being said, I do sometimes feel like when I offer friendship to the wrong kind of men it's like chumming in shark-infested waters.

lol
D.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 12, 2005 13:24

This thread got me thinking in another way, the women I've met who "wanted to be friends for only 15 min" I usually wasn't interested in being more than friends with, so it was defintely more noticable and I remember them as only wanting one thing... and it isn't to come over and bathe the dogs .

I don't look for "15 minute friendships" but I've met women who within 15 minutes I was interested in being more than friends with, and while I don't go neanderthral, if there is only a mutual "15 min friendship" before it goes further I don't see anything wrong... and when looking back I don't think about anyone just wanting "one thing".

So my question is... does it really matter if it's a 15 min or 15 year friendship before going further if both people have that spark for each other ?

I personally seem to think of people only wanting "15 min of friendship" / "one thing" when I'm not receptive to it. So am I crazy or what, is "15 min." only too quick when you're not interested anyway ?

*** I don't literally mean 15 min anywhere in the post, I mean quicker than usual, whatever that is, but like after a several dates or days together... weeks instead of months. If someone is slobbering/groping on you after 15 min, literlly, then they deserve a little education, heck I'll hand you the 2x4 teaching aide.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 17:02

Thier are some of us out thier who are who they say thier, but some ladys are just as bad as the men. Feel with your head, not your heart or whats between the leggs , we all have been down the road of hard knocks, we just need to take it one step at a time ,,be safe everyone happy V-Day,,,,from kc

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 06:49

I'm not sure why the commment I posted in here never showed up... but maybe it's a good thing it didnt. RedHead... I like you! LOL I like your thinking... thanks for the chuckle.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 23:45

Wow all that blame placed on nature...Though I agree with you about the whole evolutionary drive to reproduce...you'd think after all the years of civilizing man we could at least get more than 15 minutes of niceties before the personal come-ons happen.

We've been able to overcome other urges that are natural..why not this one..and what about getting to know someone you're attracted to before making the big move?

Honestly guys..it's a real turn off when you're getting to know someone to have them suddenly turn into what seems to be a slathering drooling pile of hormones...

Just my opinion though...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 12:11

In my opinion men are cutting to the chase. If i am interested in you, first of im going to be phyiscally attracted to you, i want sex, and after that if i am still interested its because i think your intelectually fun to be with. Dont get me wrong, but as a man, 10000 years of evolution tell me that i need to "get it on" with as many women as possible to give our species a chance for survival. Humen emotion is what separates us from the monkies or turtles, women and men feel an emotional bond to eachother, so its more then just sex. Men are fealing you out, is she interested yes/no, if no i wont waste my time, if yes, maybe she will be a good mother ect....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 27, 2005 23:11

Ok Ladies. There's an awful lot of complaining go on around here about men. Sweeping generalizations about all of any group of people are just ridiculous. I know women who can't be friends with men for more than 15 minutes, and I know plenty of men who can. Let's keep all of this in perspective.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 23, 2005 15:40

I have to agree with most women why cant men talk about anything but sex, I am trying my best but it seems like most men perfer more women who are this or skinny as they call it but at least there are very few guys out there who care about large women like me but they are very hard to find, yes, I may be married but that dont stop me from making friends and I have I baby and she is a sweetheart and I love her.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 18, 2004 12:45

It is so true. I have to believe that men have more to talk about than what I like to do in the bedroom.I am divorced with 2 kids so I also am well aquainted with "knockin boots" and love it but I want to have a relationship wiith the person first.
My 15 minutes of fame was when I was on the Bozo show when I was 10 and won a prize.Yippee!!