Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > do you take a second look? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
do you take a second look?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2005 22:46

Well people have many reasons for not actually paying for a membership, such as already being a paying member of another site, not being all that sure if their money will be well spent, not having the extra finances to use on a dating site, just plain being cheap, or some other reason I cant think of at the moment.

I've been on here for awhile and finally just decided to pay for a 3-month membership a few weeks ago. I must say I know wish I had maybe gone with the 1-month membership now since I have yet to email someone now that I'm actually able to. This is mostly do to the fact that I've checked out most of the local females and I either don't meet what they are looking for or vice versa. So unless someone new joins between now and when my 3-month premium membership is up I just wasted $50-something dollars.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 10:53

On the subject of OZ, i've just come back from NSW and i loved the place. Never met such a friendly bunch of people, coming back to London was hell

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 06, 2005 01:59

Exactly. It saddens me too, Amy, when time, energy & thought is put into an honest email that then goes unresponded to.

I do believe though that it's just a matter of time before I meet a great woman from this board in my area, since there seem to be great folk from all over - it's just a matter of time, really.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 05, 2005 14:30

Why people don't respond is one of life's great mysteries; it could be anything from not liking one's typing and/or grammar to something far more likely, a fear that one's interest will be discounted or rejected. The way I look at it is this: If I do nothing, I can be alone, reading books at night when there's nothing to watch on TV (like *I* get to choose what is watched anyway! Or, I can reach out to others, and rediscover myself, and what I'm looking for in a friend/more? It's a challenging task, but it beats watching Jimmy Neutron!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 05, 2005 14:01

I am considering paying for a membership but have managed a few contacts without doing so. One of the reasons I don't want to pay is that it is in American funds.
For me location is a big consideration. I am only interested in people living in Toronto. What is the point of emailing/chatting with someone in another city or country if the goal is for a long term relationship? Even then I don't want to date someone that lives in a suburb outside of the city because the time it would take to travel would not be worth it. If you live downtown and consider driving or taking transit for 40 minutes to meet someone that is insane. People who live a busy downtown lifestyle don't have that much time for commuting.
My point is that there may be many people who like your profile but for a variety of good reasons choose not to respond to said profile.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 07:42

Getting back to the intent of the start of this thread. Amy, I just don't see why you might feel lonely. An attractive young woman like yourself should have no problem finding companionship. Maybe you need to get out more and go places where you can meet nice people. Or, perhaps, you just need to alter your social skills. Try greeting newer people with a much more positive attitude.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 01, 2005 11:18

Freysh write:
Hehe Mae Australia is really nice too.
Hehe Mae Australia is really nice too.

That is true. Australia is very nice. I've been there. lol.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2005 16:28

bbanditx79 write:

since I have yet to email someone now that I'm actually able to. This is mostly do to the fact that I've checked out most of the local females and I either don't meet what they are looking for or vice versa. So unless someone new joins between now and when my 3-month premium membership is up I just wasted $50-something dollars.

I guess you are just going to have to move then aren't you? Arizona is really nice....wink, wink.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 13:00

yeah its too bad when you email people and give them your real email address too and they don't respond... (subtle hint)
yeah its too bad when you email people and give them your real email address too and they don't respond... (subtle hint)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 03:32

Wel Amy, think about why you don't make the commitment to signing up and then apply that to others :-)