Home > Plus size Forums > Lonely Hearts Post Ur Thoughts Here... > Looking too hard? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Looking too hard?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 13, 2006 04:47

I had decided to stop looking thinking it will happen when it's suppose to...a month later "my forever" from this site contacted me and we have been together ever since. So I am a believer that it will happen when you least expect it, when your not looking, etc. I hope you have a better day today than yesterday

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 04, 2006 12:43

Lisa, I think there is a lot of truth to finding something when you quit looking for it. I'm divorced twice, and in no rush to try that again. But being single gets lonely and boring at times, and I'd really like to get out and do 'stuff' more (esp stuff that doesn't involve my teenage daughter and her friends).

I've talked online and sometimes on the phone to maybe 30 guys in the last 3 months. Been on at least 1 date with 6 of them. Really like 2 of them a lot, but they have very busy work schedules, and so very little free time. Neither one is gonna be 'the one' but we have lots of fun when we get together. And I still keep looking for people to do things with. I've met some really interesting people, some of whom have hobbies I'd like to learn more about. I may never find 'the one' or I may meet him tomorrow, but I'm gonna find plenty of stuff to do in the meantime!

Bluegirl's advice is great. I'm always embarrassing my daughter by talking to strangers in line somewhere. I'm one of those parents that shows up to EVERY school event, meeting, show, etc. that my daughter is involved in. And if it's an option, I bring photos or snacks for the group. Both can be good conversation starters with other moms, teens, teachers, coaches, and yes even single dads.

Best of luck! Hope you start having more fun.
~Dawn

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 02, 2006 02:19

I have had days like you were having. I DO believe when you are sooo into the search, it prolongs the find. Enjoy the search. Have fun with meeting and getting to know people. Put yourself out there more. Volunteer in your community....Strike up a conversation in the grocery store....stop thinking about where or what it will get you and just enjoy. When you least expect it....you will be blessed!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share