Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Why are older women so hard to meet? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why are older women so hard to meet?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 25, 2006 18:00

I'm not a kid myself, so one might think it would be easier....are older women just more content staying home alone? Just not interested? I meet lots of younger women interested in me; but I prefer older women---maybe only 5 or 10 years, or maybe 15 to 20+ years older---it's just my social/physical preference. But why are they so hard to meet?!! Where are you, and why don't you come out and meet some admiring and interesting (and interested!) men?!!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 12, 2010 09:00

I have had younger men, who I was interested in, and whom claimed that they wanted to meet me however the only reason that I did not meet them was because they didn't respect my need to meet in a public place. When I was younger I was more foolish and might have been inclined to meet in a more private place, but age and bruises, have taught me to be a little safer. It was disheartening that they weren't willing to meet me where I would have felt more safe, and makes me wonder if they only wanted to meet privately to up their chances of getting laid rather than actually getting to know me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 16, 2009 20:26

From very recent experience; ask the other person if they have a webcam. No picutre does not mean no face. Beware, they'll more than likely as you the same.

Good vibes.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 16, 2006 07:49

i know might be a bit younger but i would love to meet a older woman as hopefully they are more loving and caring that younger woman.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 05:16

I don't know about all older women, but in my case, I am painfully shy & don't really know how to go about meeting ppl in person. I don't drink & am not about to go to a bar to meet guys..I do go to some of the local craft fairs & festivals...but I have no clue how to just start a random conversation with a guy & run with it!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 11:11

The ladies posting on this thread have it right, I believe. My mother is 57 and she isn't interested in dating at all. She was married for 17 years to an abusive, alcoholic tyrant and just doesn't see the point in having another relationship. She has been single for 16 years. Don't get me wrong, she's had her booty calls, she just isn't interested in a serious relationship.

I think that in a lot of cases, the older a woman is, the more experiences she has had and a lot of those experiences leave them jaded and not so willing or eager to make room for another let-down/heartbreak/disappointment.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 02:52

I hope I don't sound to uppity, but it has always been my experience that the more mature lady, or older, are that hard to meet and talk with. I almost always find s single, older lady when I go out and have a great time with them. They don't usually play games and this may sound bad and will anger one or two of you, but they also seem more grateful when a young guy show interest. When I was in my 20's, I just thought that they were easier and more desperate. But as I've gotten older and somewhat wiser, it's more like they know what they want and are pretty sure what kind of guy can deliver for them. The young ladies seem more interested in who's who, or what the other girls are wearing. Give me a woman who is full figured, self confident AND self aware, and tell me that she's 50, I'm hooked.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 23:48

I think also that from what you say, you are looking for an older woman. Most older women want men within their age range. Some women want a 'toy boy', but most I am guessing want a serious relationship with a man their own age. I have had a much younger male contact me from this site and I just had no interest in being anything other than a penpal. It feels icky to be with someone a decade or two younger. Okay, its my feelings but I don't think I am probably alone in those feelings. I am 43, I don't think I could date someone younger than 39 and that would be pushing it. At the same time I don't think I could date anyone older than 50. It would be like dating my dad, yuck!

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, just to explain why you might be having some difficulty meeting the right person. I am sure that eventually you will find the right person who won't mind the age thing. Just hang in there.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 01, 2006 05:13

Try striking up a conversation with women who don't post a photo.... we all are guilty of talking out of both sides of our mouths from time to time. "Its what's on the inside that matters.".... Then...... "no pic, no response." Many of us (guys & gals) who live in relatively small communities have been hurt by the local gossips when they find out that "we are back into the dating scene" after our divorce or death of a spouse. No photo gives us some cover at the very beginning until we feel comfortable again....... after all it's been a long time since some of us have been in the saddle. Try doing a search and remove the check mark in the photo box. Mistersalty

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 18:44

I agree with you, Flgrl. I think by the time we get a little older we become more selective and less willing to compromise. I think that may be because we've learned how to stand on our own and learned that being alone is preferable to being with the wrong person.