Home > Plus size Forums > Message board > CAN U DEFINE A BBW? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
CAN U DEFINE A BBW?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 17, 2006 16:50

OK,I'll step out on a limb here and say that MOST people understand that the term BBW is *RELATIVE*, but there still seems to remain controversy (especially among men) as to what a BBW really looks like.
So what is a BBW? 10 pounds overweight? 50 pounds?

What is funny to me is when I hear thinner women/men making assumptions about big girls.

Many assume that if a man is interested in a BBW or "bigger/ curvy/fat/chunky/zaftig woman,that the woman can rest assured that he TRULY is interested in her for HER unique qualities as a human being and not due to her outward appearance.

Not true I say!

I think:

Some men believe that BBW's are "easy prey"
Some have a "fat" fetish....
Some find that women of size tend to be more "down to earth" , less likely to stray, more likely to appreciate their man. Or when all else fails,& their grey hair is startin' to sprout, their swimmers are slowin down,they get involved with a BBW as a last resort.

Some actually enjoy the warmth and suppleness of a rubenesque woman!?
What I've found is that men whose tastes lean towards bigger gals are very SPECIFIC ie. what they want their woman to look like... pear shaped, hourglass....etc
Many men seem to want the "ideal" bbw as well...a bigger girl who is perfectly proportioned, small waist ample hips large bust,..no cellulite, no lumps and bumps, no stretch marks.OH yeeeeah honey,..what parallel universe are you living in?...Even those BBW models that appear perfectly symmetrical and in proportion are airbrushed..c'mon...if they do it to the skinny models,they're definitely gonna do it to the big girls!.If you like a bigger girl, you have to be realistic about what her body is gonna look like under those clothes!

So, what IS a BBW,..... can we even pigeon hole the term re: physical attributes?....I'd love to know what you think...and/or see some pics of what YOU think a typical BBW looks like (if there is one)....
Cheers! (And good luck everyone)...

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 04, 2008 06:04

Quoting minesfine:

Donm, TOO much analysis...throw out the "tags"(BBW,SSBBW, etc.) and look at what really counts to us guys...substance,brains, and beauty....

Well agreed! I don't know why there's so much hangups about all the labels and numbers. I'm not sitting with a scale and wondering if her BMI is high enough... that would be just weird.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 31, 2008 03:18

Donm, TOO much analysis...throw out the "tags"(BBW,SSBBW, etc.) and look at what really counts to us guys...substance,brains, and beauty....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 10:08

wantingbigwomen write:
The W isn't relative you have to be a woman the B's are relative
Big and Beautiful are in the eye and mind of the beholder. I have found that women who are larger and have to shop at My size or 1626. are more in touch with reality and themselves. thus gives them an inner beauty as well as the outer look that I like. I have also found them to know how to please their partner/s. And Ive never had bad sex with one (mind you there's a first for everything, but I dont believe a BBW will let me down). Happy to discuss further. {But had to put a bit of a male slant on the topic}

Re:

Very well put!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 11:09

dj_SNUFFY write:
If you can hug her and scratch your elbows.....she's not a BBW

Re:

Depends how long yer arms are matey, lolol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 13:31

If you can hug her and scratch your elbows.....she's not a BBW

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 01:38

This is from a guy......... BBw as defined by me is a Beautiful Bright Woman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Brightness is learned through conversation and togetherness, and woman is self explainatory. Luv to all Paul

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 17, 2007 19:26

I define myself as a big beautiful woman and don't rely on anyone else's definition of me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 15, 2006 11:06

Shouldn't we take this question to the Pro himself I believe its LazyAfternoon who could get us straight on this one any takers? It is with the utmost respect I use your name Lazy if you should read this post.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 06:27

Rockchickbbw write:
yes I have spoken to many a guy who has said "doesnt BBW mean Big Bust3d Woman" lol

I just had to re edit my posting ... man these moderators are amazing .... i have even had posts dissapear !!

I agree the moderators are, at best, inconsistent, yet postings asking for sex in China, or for used underwear seem to be ok with them?!

Come on moderators ... sort yourselves out!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 04:21

yes I have spoken to many a guy who has said "doesnt BBW mean Big Bust3d Woman" lol

I just had to re edit my posting ... man these moderators are amazing .... i have even had posts dissapear !!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 25, 2006 15:30

Just had to throw that sex thing in there didn't you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 23, 2006 22:56

The W isn't relative you have to be a woman the B's are relative
Big and Beautiful are in the eye and mind of the beholder. I have found that women who are larger and have to shop at My size or 1626. are more in touch with reality and themselves. thus gives them an inner beauty as well as the outer look that I like. I have also found them to know how to please their partner/s. And Ive never had bad sex with one (mind you there's a first for everything, but I dont believe a BBW will let me down). Happy to discuss further. {But had to put a bit of a male slant on the topic}

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 14:16

Luckily ive never had a guy who thinks im grateful to be with him, with most of my ex's it's THEM who were the greatful ones, no guy has ever 'left' me, it's always been me who finished with them! And ive gone out with some REALLY gorgeous men too!

Not only that i also used to get paid over ?150 ($260) an hour to attend a party/function or go out to dinner with guys - they had no ulterior motive to have my company other than to have a 'date' for a function and they could have easily have hired a slim girl to do the same job! So i think it really depends on your luck.. i guess ive been lucky with guys.

As for BBW's id say it's whatever you want it to be.. my personal opinion is anyone over a UK size 18 (US 16) is what id refer to as a 'BBW'

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 20, 2006 15:49

LOL...I hear that!.....its funny how many men I've run into online that frequent BBW sites only because they are looking for really HUGE T*ts!!!...so....men out there....what do YOU say?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 04:39

I once got told by a skinny 'friend' that men only go for BBW because they know they wont stray, and are grateful for wotever they get! Didnt sit well with me grrr
a BBW to me is ME!! lol small and round which saves one buying a pillow lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 01:43

I reckon big t*ts is what most are looking for or expecting! Shallow but true .... though there are some who prefer the softness and femininity of a larger woman, and truly appreciate all she has to offer both physically and intellectually