Home > Plus size Forums > Health > Do you eat Raw Fish? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Do you eat Raw Fish?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 09, 2004 09:42

If not, you will be deficient in the ESSENTIAL oil Omega 3. Science has determined that 65% of us have degenerative disease because of this deficiency. You can replace the raw fish with a pleasant lemon flavored omega 3 oil. It is by SeaBiotics and is called alkyl transfactor.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 20:55

Ceviche & Sashimi YUMMMMMMMY!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 10:44

yummmmm, all those vitamins, minerals, and parasites.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 20:47

fifonfif write:
Ceviche and sushi are my absolute favorites. Oh, along with raw oysters! yummmyy!!

This is an All-Peruvian-Tip:

After an All-night-drinking-marathon the best thing you can have first thing next morning to get back on your feet is:

1.- A very cold beer

or

2.- Ceviche

and you are good to go!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 20:41

cue_ball1313 write:
Scoot, where in Peru are you from? My family is from Lima.

I was born in Lima too and lived half my life in the 'Lince' district, attended school in the 'Rimac' District (that was always a very rough area..LOL.. loved it!) and worked at the Peruvian Army Technical School in 'Chorrillos' back in 87 as a computer teacher ("E.T.E" Escuela Tecnica del Ejercito), The other half i lived in the USA (until now).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 07:32

On dLifeTV (top)
More New dLifeTV!
This week on dLifeTV ? Find out what you should know about insulin from leading endocrinologist Dr. Steve Edelman; why you should never guess your blood sugar number; exercise for everyone with Olympian Gary Hall, Jr.; and author of The Diabetic Athlete Dr. Sheri Colberg-Ochs. Tune in to CNBC this Sunday evening for this brand new episode of dLifeTV at 7:00PM ET, 6:00PM CT, and 4:00PM PT. Watch dLifeTV footage from this episode and get special 'web-extras' from dLife guests and hosts.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 18:42

Scoot, where in Peru are you from? My family is from Lima.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 10:14

raw fish nonononononon

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 21:05

me? I will stick to Flax seeds...lol
The only fish I ever liked was tuna but I gave that up.......oh well for everyone else.........Enjoy!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 14:03

I used to live in a neighborhood where my neighbors were Peruvian. They brought over some Ceviche as a kind of house warming gift.

I tried it and LOVED IT! Oh my gosh! I moved since, but once in awhile they call me and ask if I want to come by for dinner.

Ceviche and sushi are my absolute favorites. Oh, along with raw oysters! yummmyy!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 09:59

AnamCara write:

I do enjoy ceviche! Nice knowing it is good for me too!

Yep, that is real raw fish, beats any sushi.. LOL and much tastier too. I know some northAmerican people can't picture it. Me, being from Peru, is a traditional dish from the coast.
I admit is unusual for some people, but... I like it.. LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 11:59

I eat Salmon about 4 times a week! I love the stuff! I especially love my Cheddar Bagel with Light cream cheese and lots of sliced LOX!

My 2 year old likes shrimp or pieces of salmon in her Ramen Noodles! Soooo, happy she likes it!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 20:14

mmm... sushi and sashimi are some of my favorite things. unfortunately it's very nearly impossible to get the good stuff around here. :(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 06:52

I love sushi and eat it at least once a week. In addition I've been taking supplements since I was a child. We call it tran in Norway and the taste of the fish oil was deeply hated when I was a child. Luckily for me now it comes in capsules!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 07, 2005 10:24

I love sushi. I never thought I'd like it, but thought I was eating veggie and found out it was fish. After that, I started craving it.
I now eat it a couple times a month, but have to get omega-3 in an incredibly nutritious liquid vitamin suppliment. Did you know there is also Omega 6 and 12? I didn't know until I bought this liquid suppliment.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 10:44

My aunt is from the South Pacific Island of Palau. Turned the whole family onto sushi, we can't get enough of it at family outings she is in charge of the appetizers which is always sushi.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 20:32

I love sushi, didn't think I'd like but an old bf many years ago forced me to try it. I live where it's impossible to find sushi, but I look for it every time I travel now. Can't get too much of a good thing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 27, 2005 16:12

When I get fish it had better be cooked, or it goes in the oven or the barbecue! I could never get over the raw fish thing!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 27, 2005 11:02

I like shsui/shashimi but don't eat enough of it (or coorked fish) to get enough omega-3, but theres alot of omega-3 sources:

The following foods are especially rich in the omega-3s (I just cut-n-pasted em).

Algae, including spirulina
Beans
Chia (a relative to mint)
Flax seed, freshly ground
Flax seed oil
Fish oil
Whole grains, such as brown rice and whole grain breads
Kukui (candlenut)
Purslane
Tofu
Walnuts
Leafy vegetables
Olive oil (choose extra virgin)

I don't use 'supplements' but see them all the time and they can be expensive, but heres something I wasn't aware of and to consider if you do use them (again cut-n-pasted, and I can't reference the source cuz urls are deleted on here):

Should you buy omega-3 supplements?

A word about supplements. Fish oil and flax seed oils are extremely sensitive to light and to air oxidation. They aren?t good practical sources. If you buy them, choose a store that keeps them refrigerated and buy in small quantities.

OT TIP:

Flax seed is an excellent and practical source of linolenic acid. The iron-hard seed coat, while protecting the oil from deterioration, also protects the seed from digestion.

To get around this problem, grind the flax seed in a coffee grinder. A tablespoon of ground flax seed delivers 1.5 grams of linolenic acid. Sprinkle the freshly ground flour on cereal or bake in bread or muffins.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 23, 2005 20:46

Sarah try and find me, i saw u and ill see u soon, i love me la la la.