Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Your overall view on 'INTERNET DATING'? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Your overall view on 'INTERNET DATING'?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 03, 2006 15:41

How have your experiences been so far, as I am [relatively] new at this?

The plus-es / minus-es, please.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 16, 2009 20:36

How many people do you meet in a day before you come across someone in your mind you may possibly think to consider dating? You have to knock an a bun of doors, reply to lots of winks, and so on. But, heres my online dating experience in a nutshell. First time was several years ago. He was at least 30 years and 20lbs more than his pictures, no brain, no hygiene, lacked anything desirable. Second guy, I had a long list of reasons to believe he was gay and eventhough he acknowledged my profile said I'm a smoker, he was the biggest antismoking billboard I've ever seen. Did I meantion he was full of himself? It took me four years to post online again.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 12:36

I tried it once, the guy wanted to break off the relationship because he wanted to be with someone else who was in his hometown. It was a painfful experience considering we were dating for about 1 year. Even though that happened, I would still give it another try.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 10, 2006 06:37

Kew.... just wanted to say 'what a nice story' and best wishes for the future... u r right... it can work, i do have a few friend's that have met their partner's online... there is someone out there for everyone... and for those who are 'genuienely' looking for Miss/Mr Right, sometime's i think 'we' can look too hard, but i do think a person Male or female, know's.. when it 'feel's' right.. and as long as people meet on their first date in a public place,etc..put it this way... i would rather 'meet' someone like this... than 'go off' with a complete stranger met in a pub/club as some do these day's.. i know which way i would feel safer... but anyhow, good luck to everyone 'genuienely' looking for Miss/Mr Right X

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 18:50

Try thinking of internet dating as a large virtual singles bar. It has some advantages and disadvantages over the singles bar. For instance, no one barfs on your shoes while you're online....except maybe your pet.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 22:44

I've met some really cool people online and have met some people worthy of being included in my first book. I met my ex-fiance on here. I met a woman I should have held onto (and regret losing) and met a woman I should have never dated in the first place but did so for a long tme. I wouldn't trade any of those experiences, though some of them were downright aggravating and were enough to make me almost give it up alltogether. The question you have to ask yourself is, do you meet more people this way or the normal way?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 09, 2006 19:10

I see it as the only way out. I do not have good luck on my own. I walk into a room full of singles and I am universally ignored. There are very few FAs in Maryland.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 23, 2006 17:31

Hi queensize, GO FOR IT. I went to my very first bbw get together because I saw an ad in a paper. I didnt know such things existed, and I was new to the internet so I hadnt found it yet. I have had a BLAST since that very first gathering and I have been to many events since then (7 years ago). I now work at a weekly local bbw dance (I'm the DJ) and I get to meet MANY wonderful people. If you haven't found anything in your area, then by all means, start one. And be prepared, it will most likely start out slow and will take a while for people to really start attending, but DON'T GIVE UP!! If you continue making it available, they will eventually come out. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted on the progress.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 07, 2006 13:39

"Internet Dating" is a strange term ... to me, if you are only talking on the internet, it isn't a date!

However, as a means of contacting new people I think the internet has its place. You get a chance to chat with someone, find out if you have stuff in common, and then arrange to meet up if both of you feel like it. Only at that point is it a "date" as far as I'm concerned.

It's down to us as responsible adults to decide exactly what we want from it, and to have the wherewithall to sift through the players and the timewasters. They are not exclusive to the 'net, they are out there in the real world too.

Keep it real, be true to yourself, and good luck!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 06, 2006 15:56

Internet dating is what you make of it. Yes, there are a LOT of people online who are only looking for a good time or to use people... but you know what? You have those same type of people in real life as well. I used internet dating as a tool to meet people I would not have had the chance to meet otherwise.

When you are searching online for love, you have to be patient, cautious, and realistic. You cannot truly fall in love with someone over the internet. Yes, you can really enjoy that person, you can learn a lot about them, but you cannot build a relationship with someone online.... you can only do that in person. When you meet someone online that you really click with, ask them lots of questions and really pay attention to the answers. Ask the same questions different ways. But most importantly, listen to your gut. You'll know. But make plans to meet in person as soon as you feel comfortable so you'll know if there is any actual chemistry. That way you don't waste your time or get your hopes up on something that is not going to work.

Just be realistic. It can happen. I met my fiance on this site and we probably wouldn't have found each other otherwise. It can and does work. You just have to know what you are getting yourself into and understand that you will have to put up with a WHOLE lot of jerks along the way. Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!!! Kew

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 04, 2006 14:58

In my opinion, It's really more work than it's worth.