Home > Plus size Forums > Message board > Why don't men post pics Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why don't men post pics
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 06, 2006 22:50

I've been on this site for awhile and get frustrated because so many of the guys on here don't put pictures on their profiles. I'm not a shallow person and I know looks aren't everything, but come on. There has to be some attraction there. Come on gentlemen, put a picture up for us!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2012 17:08

we do but u women forgot we value u and time is a short commodity so if i gotta get at u before i post a pic oh well if u hate me for it karma always has a way of identifying people faults to themselves.

i got a question tho. why dont women talk to men locally or let me holla at em out in public. i get the impression that women like men to want them but pick n choose who they want anyway.

just like a peacock the female will be attracted to the plumage of the male so it dont matter how many peacocks run before her, if she dont rain when she see u or not; then o well.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2012 04:39

Well I can tell you why I am very reluctant to post a pic. I am married and while my wofe would not see it someone she knows may and that would be disasterous. Ok sorry to you ladies who are genuinly looking for a partner but a lot of guys are looking for a lady friend who would sometimes like a bit of fun.Ok my personal fantasy whether you are interested or not (I bet you read it anyhow) I personally would love to meet up with a BBW, have a coffee (and cake of coz) If we click then my lady friend has her house she can take me to for some fun. We go there and I delite in masageing her lovely fat body. She delights in doing the same and we go from there.
Ok so now you know but I promise I will post a pic if this site makes it possible to let only you see it.
Pete

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2011 01:53

I don't care why they aren't posting pics, if they don't have one I don't respond. If I am putting myself out there for the world to see, they need to as well. Of course judging someone on a picture is somewhat shallow, but there has to be some physical attraction. I personay am on here to find a partner, if I just wanted a friend to talk to I could walk up to any random stranger. If they are contacting you first they have already made their " shallow" choice based on my profile pictures. Anyone that says they go through here and only read the profiles without looking at the picture first is lying.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 07, 2011 05:01

Watch out, a lot of the ones with pictures are scammers using innocent people's pictures

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 22, 2010 18:46

This has been my experience. A man approaches you but he has no picture, yet he has seen yours.  He sends you a "charming" message, which includes an offer to send a picture, or if not, then there is an offer to send a picture once you bring up the subject.  THAT is the trap

There seems no way of getting out of it no matter what we do without being a witch. 

If we leave the situation then we are shallow, we are unwilling to accept him based on his words, kind and charming as they are, and given his willingness to "expose" himself for just us.  He makes sure to remind us of that, often in mean in profane terms

OR

we go with it, are NOT attracted to him (nevermind that he saw us first and responded because he was attracted first  - IRRELEVANT) and we are again the WITCH. 

I make sure to point all of this out BEFORE he has a chance to be "charming".  I do NOT let curisoty kill THIS cat!  If there is NO PIC up front there is NO LOVE. It's only fair.

In this age of technology, a man who chooses to be on a website should make it his business to learn.  If he can't then there is a good chance we could NOT make a good match.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 08, 2010 20:56

It's because:

1) They're married and looking for something on the side.

2) Dating BBWs is so unacceptable in North America, they don't want anyone to know how much they desire us.

Surf other dating sites. Almost every male profile has a photo. BBW sites are the only ones lacking.

If a guy messages me without a photo, I won't reply. I have the courage to post mine. You'd better be equally courageous, if you sincerely want to date me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 29, 2010 16:58

OK... I'm getting really tired of hearing women chime in.... So certain that they know how a man thinks. Actually, if they did, they wouldn't be here looking for a man. The number one reason that men don't post pics on dating sites is because men aren't as public about dating/affairs of the heart as women are. We don't feel comfortable (especially in front of our friends or coworkers) about being needy in any way. Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's stupid, right? And maybe we think that it's stupid that you don't engage in indiscriminate sex. After all, what's the big deal. Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make is that women know so little about what makes a man tick, but they act like they know it all, BECAUSE... they substitute the reasons why they wouldn't do something. The truth is that roughly half of married women will repeatedly have affairs, but they don't get caught, because they're not as stupid as men. Women's Infidelity (written by a woman)is a good read. By the way, the adultery site "Ashley Madison" was founded by a woman.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2006 12:41

minijawa write:
Sometimes feel having my pic up scares the ladies away lol

Re:

Oh don't be silly, you are handsome- especially when wearing your glasses (I happen to think that glasses are sexy). You do, however, appear to be living in a coat closet. Are you hiding from us? :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2006 09:59

Sometimes feel having my pic up scares the ladies away lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 10, 2006 18:24

I think Bubs is right. Most men don't post pics because they're MARRIED or have a live-in girlfriend. Whenever I get a response from a guy w/ no pic, I give him the third degree. That still doesn't mean he'll tell me the truth, but at least he knows my bullsh*t detector's in working order.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 30, 2006 21:17

have no more idea why the guys dont put their pics on here than i do why the ladies dont. no camera maybe? oh well like everyone else said nice to know who your talking to or at lol.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 02, 2006 02:19

When I first joined this site, I didn't have any pics to post because, for one, I didn't and still don't have my own computer and had nothing to upload with. I was checking out sites while at work and just signed up for anything "free" and then found out photos were wanted. Second, I don't have a digital camera and if I did, I don't usually take photos of my self. I know I'm purrtty. The pictures I have posted were taken by friends at a Padres game and they happened to have them still in their computer. I find it kind of odd that so many people won't have a thing to do with someone who doesn't post pics of themselves. Isn't it what's on the inside that counts?? Judging whether or not you'll talk with someone based on their looks is SOOOOO superficial. I should know because that's what I do 95% of the time. It's almost like skinny people ignoring someone just because they are not the same size -2 they are. HOW RUDE!! I have to admit that seeing how many of the ladies at this site get bent out of shape because guys don't have a photo and won't even TALK with them because of it, I don't feel so bad doing it back to them. After all, all they are trying to do is CHAT with you. It's not like they can hurt you through the magic of keyboards, as far as I know. Of course, mines just a Dell here at work, dude.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 14:49

I think...its one of three reasons why men dont post piccies...
1..They are genuinely shy
2..They are married and dont want anyone to see them here
3...They honestly want to talk to someone first, before releasing a pic?
Personally...I think the order is 2 then 1 then 3

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 26, 2006 12:28

I am not a shallow person either and just thought it would be nice to see who I am corresponding with. Case in point, 2 well actually. I met a man on a video chat program last year. each message we sent each other had a picture on it. Several months later I was standing at a cash register with my then 15 year old son.....when I turned around guess who was standing there.

The other time I got an IM from a guy that said he saw me at a mall and followed me while I was there. He told me what I was wearng, where I went and what I bought. That is a very scary thing since I don't have a clue what he looks like and I have never spoken to him.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 21:10

Thanks to you Wild Cat --- I'm sure you'll be snapped up fast as well. I can't comment on the ladies with no photos as I'm not looking at the women's profiles, but they should post them as well. I don't consider myself any great beauty, but post photos so the gentlemen will at least know who they are talking to. Like many of the other ladies I think people who have no picture are hiding something. I'm sorry to say that by experience this has often been true.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 13:51

It seems to me that one of the major reasons why photos aren't posted might be vanity. If people would just be honest with and about themselves then there wouldn't even be the need to consider whether or not to post a photo. Still, there are some people who just don't have the capibility of posting a photo; if that's the case then we might just be missing out on knowing a very nice person. I've spent part of this day reading some of the posts and replies. I think that some people are very handicapped by mistrust, ignorance, and a total lack of consideration. That's a very sad way to be.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 11:19

I did a search of men with in a 100 mile radius from where Ilive and i have to say that about 65% of the men had no pictures. It does make you feel as if they are hiding something.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 11:10

jakgriffon write:
i'm the one in the middle but don't mention the marigolds

Where do you keep the duster and tin of polish?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 09:25

I see alot of women that don't post a picture when I do. I like to see who I am talking to.