Home > Plus size Forums > love > Getting passed a broken heart Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Getting passed a broken heart
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 27, 2007 19:47

How do you get passed a broken heart? It has been 8 months and I still cant bring myself to date anyone else. He has moved on and I am still crying over him even though I know in my heart he wasnt the one for me. Has anyone made it passed this horrible feeling? If so please tell me how you were able to do it? Are you suffering from the same feelings? Why does it seem like I cant meet anyone that will love me like I deserve to be loved? So many men say they want a good woman to love and treat well, but I dont come accross any that are serious. Is it just me, or do others feel the same way?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 14, 2007 10:05

i was married to a complete *$%*$%& for 12 years but when we split up i was for some odd reason devastated, left waiting to be evicted from our home with 3 kids and 1 on the way i fell to pieces. it takes a long time to heal the wounds left from a breakup of a relationship whether it was a bad 1 or not you still feel a huge loss.
here i am 5 years later so very happy and feeling more loved than i ever have been before in my life. if i'd met my man in the early months of my seperation i don't think it would have worked out then despite us being perfect for each other. you need time to yourself to heal fully and in that time you will realise that you are worthy of being loved by someone who will treat you every day with love and respect and kindness and eventually it might just happen

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 01, 2007 01:08

I just went thru what you are going thru, I am married to this person and one day a disagreement made him bold enough to ask for a divorce, forcing me to have no where to live with 3 children, I cried like a baby blamed myself, couldn't figure out whats wrong with me that I don't deserve the love that I so longed for. Well I had a very supportive person in my life by accident this person was there to comfort me and go thru those tears with me, there was times I looked in the mirror with disgust, because society has put this image in men's heads that anything over a size 12 is ugly and I thought I was ugly. I finally decided that why would I want to be with a person that does not want to be with me. I started putting the pieces back together fixing myself up and girl I'm bringing sexy back!!!! Move on he did. This person I'm with now is all that and makes sure I know Iam. I'm being treated like a queen and don't regret the decision i made. This person just happens to be a female, treats me better than any man I have ever been with. Don't get me wrong I still Love men but she has taught me what I deserve and don't accept anything less.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 18:12

As soon as you find out you let me know

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 08, 2007 12:08

Yes, txcrown is 1 billion% correct! Very wise words and very true, thank you for them.

Am still nursing my wounds from 10 months ago, and he of course has moved on without so much of a backwards glance. It does get better, but it takes time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 07, 2007 15:38

Bigmocha72, been there, done that. But please heed the great advice offered by txcrown. He is 1000% correct.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 04, 2007 11:38

It hurts - a lot - when you've given yourself to someone only for them to say, "I don't think so. It's over." On a hot summer's day in August of 2005, my ex-wife looked at me and decided our marriage ran its course. I couldn't tell you how devastated I felt. Even the immediate peace I felt from her being out of my life didn't help. Then, a close woman friend passed along some healthy advice to me in saying, "It takes a person, on average, 18 months to fully heal from a traumatic event." I looked at her like she was crazy - but she was right.

Today, 18 months later, I enjoy a wonderful beginning to a healthy romantic relationship with the love of my life. However, if I were to have met her when I was damaged? I wouldn't have stood a chance. It's OK to take a break from dating when you know you won't give it your all. What people don't tell us is that the most important component in a relationship is our own well-being. It took time, but I finally got there. Will that mean I'll have a flawless relationship? Absolutely not - but I know that the bitterness and hatred I once had for my ex-wife has all been healed by the Almighty.

Things have a funny way of happening. If you treated the person well (and I'm sure you gave your all to this gentleman)? Chances are you'll receive a confession that they didn't know what they had until they left you. You'll always love your exes (you may not like them ... lol). However, count all of them blessings - because they were all meant to prepare you for the man who will treat you like the queen you are. To answer your question - yes, you are worthy to be loved.

Take the time to heal. Then enjoy the fruits of your healing along with the gift of womanhood. You'll have more strength, power, and love at your disposal than ever before. The road is not easy, but believe me when I say that it gets a whole lot better from here!

God bless you, sista.'