Home > Plus size Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > "Art House" Cinemas Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
"Art House" Cinemas
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 23:32

Is anyone here a big fan of independent flicks that often time only play at so called Art Cinemas or Art Houses and such?

I went to catch my first little independent film (at an actual theater) this past Friday at the Midtown Art Center in downtown Atlanta. It was a movie called "9 Songs". Needless to say I had no idea what I was going to see. I'd heard some of these independent flicks that show at Art Cinema and Art Houses can be a bit different than what you see at your average movie theaters, but I was fairly shocked at this flick to say the least.

Has anyone else seen this movie "9 Songs" and if so what is your opinion of it?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 22, 2008 17:25

I haven't seen or heard of it, but if it is not in the horror genre, I will put it on my Netflix queue.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2005 16:29

Freysh, I thought it was a different movie. As for the story line, yeah it was pretty much nonexistent ... the entire movie felt like you just happen to be watching snippets of two people's real lives.

I have heard about the issues this movie is having over in Australia. Humph, at any rate though I'm just glad that I now live in an area where I can choose to see a controversial movie such as this. Being in the state of South Carolina where I'm orignally from a movie such as this would never see that light of day at any theater ... even an "art house" or etc.