Home > Plus size Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > CSI tonight Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
CSI tonight
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2005 20:28

Did anyone watch CSI tonight? I first must say how much I LOVE this show.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure how I felt about tonight's episode. There was a death in a hotel, yadda yadda yadda and the guy was there to attend a BBW bash. So, I almost want to think that BBW's were shown in a positive light..but at the same time, the death wasn't exactly run of the mill anything.

I don't know, I'll probably delete this post. I was just curious as to anyone else's opinion of the episode.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 24, 2005 16:08

I, too, had mixed feelings. It wasn't really believable was it? I mean, has something like that ever really happened? Of course, I guess it has...somewhere...

I do agree that I like the way the Sarah and Grissom characters were portrayed during this episode but the show overall didn't quite meet that "classy" level I was looking for.

But I do think CSI deserves props for even attempting to cover our section of society. Even if they didn't please us all, you don't see many shows even represent us very often.

Catch y'all later,
DeAnna

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 27, 2005 11:35

i'm a bit late on this one but i watched it too...i thought the Sarah character was ballsy to dig on those sherriffs who tried to make fun of the women who where there to give DNA samples...i was also wondering if anyone recognized the lingerie shop owner from Carnivale (HBO)?? does anyone watch that ? i guess that question would be more fitting for a separate board? LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 07:30

I am so glad I'm not the only one about put off by the outcome of the show.

I did think Grissom was classy though. I love his character.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 25, 2005 21:11

You know what i agree with you. I caught the show as well and was like wow that's kinda me until the death. That wasn't exactly flatering or sympathetic... it was i don't even know what it was. I'm not sure if i'm supposed to be angry or feel bad for her. Oh well. Hope all is well. Later

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 25, 2005 10:53

I watched that last night. I thought it was pretty degrading twords BBW. They portrayed the convention as a sex/hookup type thing. I guess a lot of people think thats what this website is for too. Oh well, damn small people run hollywood, heh heh...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 25, 2005 10:43

I unfortuneatly, feel asleep on the show. Haven't been feeling my best, Damn Cold/Flu, whatever. I really wanted to watch it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 25, 2005 06:10

I saw the episode and had mixed emotions about it. It seemed it started out in a positive light, but I think it ended up making a joke of larger women. I mean saying this guy was crushed by her, because she was drunk and passed out on top of him. I just don't think they handled it very well and for her to confess to murder, rather than have it known how it really happened, that is sad.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 25, 2005 01:46

Hey there!

I saw CSI on Thursday night, and I too am a bit perplexed about it.

The outcome was certainly different than I thought it was going to be, and I'm not sure if I liked what happened to the guy.

On the other hand, most of the BBW presented in the show came across as smart, confident women who made no apologies! I REALLY liked that part!

All in all, I liked it but I was a bit disappointed!