Home > Plus size Forums > Sports and travel > Pro Wrestling Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Pro Wrestling
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 04:20

I'm in the UK and I couldn't sleep a while back so I switched on SKY Sports and WWF was on except it's called WWE now and lo and behold Hulk Hogan is still around!!!!!! That guy's still gonna be around when he's about 80 by the looks of it, he must be near to 60 now!

I used to be a massive fan back in the mid 80s when I was a teenager, ordering tapes of shows with Hogan, The Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Bushwhackers,etc.

It's sure changed a lot since then, there's strippers and some guy who looked like another wrestler coming out the crowd attacking a guy called Edge and this Edge guy shouting "F*** You" :(

I thought wrestling used to be for kids, when did it start all this "adult" stuff?

Take Care

Gordy

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 18:10

I was always a fan of The Undertaker. He just looked mean as hell. I could out run him if he were after me though. Big dudes like Thai...my philosophy is "I can run faster scared than you can pis*ed"..lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 17:41

no I haven't seen his show, I would like to though but I haven't got the cable channel it's on.

maybe I should start reading about it on the net.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 15:31

I love wrestling. I prefer the more regional wrestling shows that come on in the early morning hours than the WWF. They are more like the wrestling that was on TV when I was little.

Has anybody actually watched Hulk Hogan's reality show besides me?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 16:28

either that or michaels vs hogan 2. i want to see a feud develop between kurt angle and shelton benjamin. their match a few weeks ago on raw was technical wrestling at its best.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 05:05

I'm a fan of the WWE, but it has come to a stage where it's more of a soap opera than a sports show.

The current story lines are something you more likely to see on B&B or Y&R.
Someone having an affair and then the bf wants revenge, another guy is splitting a family up cause of an "addoption".

I watch it now not for the wrestling but for the comedy.

And for the record Hulk Hogan isn't going anywhere far cause I think the writers are looking to make a confrentation between Steve Austin and himself.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 13:37

When you watch the shows on tv, there is just tooooooo much yakking! I watch it when there is nothing else on the tube, and I have been getting bored by it all. It gained new fans, but have lost a lot of old fans. McMahon has made a lot of cash with it though!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 18:19

Somewhere in the 90's. VinnyMac realized that for the WWF (yes, I will still call it that) to grow, it needed to evolve.

When they got people to write story lines (Austin vs. McMahon) it really took off.

Now that Austin and The Rock are not around wrestling anymore, things have kinda gone flat. :-(

A few weeks ago, I saw the remake of The Longest Yard, with Adam Sandler, and you can tell by the way Sandler casts his films, what kinds of things he's into... he has Austin, Goldberg, and some really really tall muscular guy in the film (I suspect another wrestler... check out The Waterboy for the cameo of Paul Wight, aka Captain Insano in the flick.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 11:49

I used to like the AWA wrestling, used to see it when it came to Winnipeg. Hulk Hogan, the Crusher, Bobby "the weasel" Heenan, Nick Bockwinkell, etc. The new WWE, is sooooooo much different, and I am not really wrestling all that much anymore. If I wanna watch soap opera, I'll watch Y&R!