Home > Plus size Forums > Family > Family Beravement Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Family Beravement
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 17:33

Hi All

I heard tonight that one of my uncles had passed. To anyone I chat to, sorry if I seem a little down right now.

Thanks

Gordy

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 06, 2005 15:27

I am so thankful to have found this thread...Jordie...and all of you...this is the "heart of me"...so many going homes in my family over the last few years...trying to stay strong for Mom...I think maybe my heart has just hit a bump....I had not grieved...not completely for any of them...there was so little time...I thank you for these simple kindnesses toward one another...renews my faith in people ...and their abilities to touch the lives of others ...in such a way as to "lift" their sagging spirits....hugs, Sunny

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 04:16

Rockchick and MrBiggles, sorry to hear of your losses also

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 04:15

Thanks all, I'm ok with the bereavement process as my Mum died 9 years ago this week also.

I wasn't that close to him, saw him every couple of months or so but it's still upsetting all the same.

Thanks once again

Gordy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 04:04

Hi gordy ,

Sorry to hear ... :(

Death is a strange thing to deal with, the pain and greavance is so unique to each person, cause of different experiences we shared with that person .... My dad died in june this year ... my brother died in 1991 and it still seems like yesterday sometimes... and my grandmother hasnt long to go , with my brother the way I deal with it is I imagine he is on a long holiday and has forgotten to write cause he is having such a good time ... a drink driver stole his life ....

With my dad, he had pancreatic cancer, and at 60 was a bundle of life until the disease got him, I am glad he is not longer suffering, and my grand ma, well she is old, but was a huge influence in my life, and altho I love her to bits, I see her struggle, and I know she wont suffer any more ...

I hope I dont sound inconsiderate ranting about my experiences, I am sorry if I do... my heart goes out to anyone who has suffered loss of any sort ....

Remember the good times, and allow yourself the time to cry and greave, its healthy .... vent on here even ... we are all here to help

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 03:06

For all the saddened hearts....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 23:45

Gordy, my heart goes out to you and his family.
~take care

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 23:39

So sorry to hear that Gordy. I feel you pain.

Jenn

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 22:14

Sorry to hear that. My grandfather passed last week. And my ex-wife's aunt passed two weeks ago... seems to be that time of the year, I guess.