Home > Plus size Forums > love > Be friend first this is my way or the highway Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Be friend first this is my way or the highway
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 08:59

i believe that in a platonic relationship first before anything.Is there any women out that willing to take that step out with me. what do you nice ladies think about that?Should we start a relationship with good sex or good friend.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 20:31

I realize that some people have sex as casually as shaking hands. For myself, any relationship that matters starts with getting to know the person, building trust and friendship. Why would I have sex with someone I don't know well enough to consider a friend?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 10:57

bhm4unow write:
i believe that in a platonic relationship first before anything.Is there any women out that willing to take that step out with me. what do you nice ladies think about that?Should we start a relationship with good sex or good friend.

I will never make it a habbit to date my friends

A friend is someone who you talk to and seek advise from. The minute there is an attraction human nature takes over.

Would you ask a femal friend who is attracted to you who you go out on "dates" with what she thinks of someone who wants to be your exclusive partner? Its real iffy on the honesty there....she is attracted to you and possibly wants more, how can she honestly reccomend someone other than herself for the full time position?

I had sex with a good friend once...it ruined a tremendous friendship. Years later we became friends again and agreed NEVER to have sex again with eachother...its not worth losing a good friend unless you fall in love with them and they with you....thats a tight rope to walk in my opinion

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 25, 2006 18:25

I think most of the people on here have "friends." I'm not knocking the idea of being friends first. But I believe that most people go to this type of website in search of someone they can engage in a higher plane of intimacy. I know that people are different and not all are looking for the same thing. As has already been said, it depends a lot on what you mean by the word "friends." You should also make this clear in your profile. Don't post a pic with a lot of cleavage and then get mad when the conversation turns to that.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 17, 2006 07:26

Aireman wrote:

You maybe friends with someone for awhile and a sexual tide might happen one night.

Re:

That is true, but then we would have started out as friends with absolutely NO pretense of dating. It's iffy and I have a problem articulating my feelings accurately on this subject... bottom line is I don't DATE to make more friends. I date because I am love starved and my body is craving the attention of a true lovers caress like an early spring flower rises and opens for the sun. I don't want to date someone who just wants to be friends.

Existing friendship is a whole other topic. Someone I have known, talked to a while, etc.. I would date if there was attraction, but not if his goal was just to remain friends. Know what I mean?

;-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 12:11

AmuseMe write:

I'll tell you this. If I were dating a guy that just wanted to be "friends first", I wouldn't date him anymore.

But we could go out for pizza with more friends.

Ummmm tough one here. If your looking for a platonic relationship at any site your overlooking the people who are near you. I personally think a male/female relationship is almost always a mix of both friendship/sexual currents. You maybe friends with someone for awhile and a sexual tide might happen one night. And by the same token a sexual relationship can just as naturally cool to friendship only. I think a person shouldn't get too wrapped up in just one or the other. Because then your just looking to close to see the trees for the forest!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 16, 2006 07:52

I think that you can't truly be in a relationship with someone who you wouldn't consider a friend.

Friends first? Define getting to know eachother?? Does this also include holding hands on your dates? A soft, emotional kiss goodnight? There must be physical contact in order to form a bond, otherwise you are gambling on dating someone you may or may not have chemistry with.

I'll tell you this. If I were dating a guy that just wanted to be "friends first", I wouldn't date him anymore.

But we could go out for pizza with more friends.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 12, 2006 16:20

Well This was posted here a while now and a few people talked about it.
But really how many women that's looking for the same thing that i am looking. If you are that person and you know the rest of the story or where to find me. bye now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 19:22

Hello, I' not only new to this site but also new to the internet in general. Saw your question and had to reply.

I think it depends on the person. By that I mean sometimes you meet someone and immediately feel a certain physicality for them. In that case, I say go ahead and jump the bones! On the other hand, sometimes the reaction is cerebral or emotional, at which time I'd say commence with the conversations and getting to know one another.

It is, however, nice to see that a man feels the way you do and is not afraid to admit in open forum that it doesn't have to always be about S-E-X (at least not initially!)

Good luck with your search. And with the B'day wish (Happy B'day to you!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 14:32

Thank you! I am so happy to finally hear from a man who wants to build a relationship from the foundation up. Things in this world are too easy and too fast, they come and go. But a good solid relationship that is built on the foundation of a friendship first are the ones that seem to last. Hold tight to what you believe in and know that YES there are women out here who also want that good friend before good sex.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 09:23

Cathii write:
*your way or the highway!!!* ....

ever asked yaself why you are still single???

That's a bit harsh. We all have our dealbreakers. And wanting a relationship based on more than just a physical attraction isn't really all that unreasonable as dealbreakers go.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 10:12

friends first is the way to go, at least thats the way I do things....jumping into a relationship based on sex never lasts.