Home > Plus size Forums > Friendship > Instant Messaging Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Instant Messaging
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 13, 2004 05:43

Hi all, I have sent a few IM's to guys on here but get no reply. I am hoping its a fault on here rather than no one wants to talk to me. :o)
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 00:13

ho ho that's why i get no messages from anyone..here...maybe they don't like me?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 09, 2005 05:40

looking for a friends online ssbhm 34 6"4' western new york

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 03, 2005 09:02

There is a new chatroom on Y-a-h-o-o, now and LadyLuc is one of the moderators! The have chats every Sunday, I think.

Tell us more, LadyLuc! I know it was great fun when we had a big group on last time!

Just thought I would update some info!

Good luck, everyone. Hope I see you there!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 19:08

Sounds like a great idea, beat them at their own system if they really don't listen to customer suggestions, which it sounds like they dont from all of the postings.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 02, 2005 21:46

WHy dont WE create a chatroom just for this site? Maybe we can use M.S.N or Y.A.H.O.O. PPL do it all the time. We should too. It would be kinda cool to talk to folks in a large group rather then one on one and snail like messenger. 10 folks or more agree to this maybe I'll host. Im on Cable so its not like i need to shut down or anything.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 01, 2005 23:59

It would really be nice if there were a way for us to IM eachother. I have tried to IM people a couple of times and it has worked once. maybe we should start a group on M S N or y a h o o . I just can't believe that the message system won't let me use the names of the services. There must be a way around that "rule"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 12:20

I tried to go on the chat room and I think it is a very strange set up.

I can't believe you have to click on a NAME instead of going onto a "room" so EVERYONE can chat.

Unless, I'm doing something wrong?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 06, 2005 20:08

The Instant Messaging on here is horrible. It doesn't make a sound when you get an im, nor does it pop up in front of you, so if you dont see the little window blinking in your task bar at the bottom of your monitor, you wouldn't even know someone was trying to communicate to you. So, the answer to your question is NO, it is NOT you! lol It is the IM program they have...........yuck!

I wish they had a chat room that we could all gather in. It would make it so much more personable also.

Sharon

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 05, 2005 16:48

I think a chatroom would be good an audiochat room would be even better (save on telephone bills)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 05, 2005 16:46

RSM ahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 30, 2005 13:44

I have used the instant message thing here successfully a few times... and not so successfully other times. At least we are seeing improvements as of late. Thats a good thing, yeah??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 30, 2005 12:16

I have had a couple of emails thru the site but I havent had a chance to use this site's messenger thing so I dont know if I have had any problems or not. I use that yellow smiley messenger thing too.. its just case sensetive. ;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 18, 2005 22:28

I can?t figure out why the IM thingie here works for me one day and not another day. Anyway, I have the same exact name on Y-Messenger, Laura_Ocean

Just thought I?d mention it since I have tried to chat with some people on the IM here and had no luck although I am a paying member! GRRRRR

AND, I also have no idea why this thing keeps turning all my apostrophies into question marks! ?????

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 14:55

Wow, after reading these I'm hoping no one has IM me and I didn't respond. I also had to turn off my pop-up blockers. I've only been a member for about a week, but haven't had any responses yet. I agree, a chat room would be great. It would be less intimatdating than trying to IM someone, I'm always afraid I'll interrupt an IM that someone is in. Has anyone ever considered setting up a chat room on another site and then inviting others to join? Jeez, it wouldn't let me name the two most common sites...you know, the one that starts with MS_ and the other that starts with Yah__, got a message that said "unwanted words"....lol...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 13:47

I concur with the very lovely stefie. No luck with that thing at all!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 04:28

I agree, the IM on here is not that good, (and Iam being nice about the words I use). Posting on forums has gotten very good and thats a start. IM stands for "Instant Messanger" the site really needs to work on the instant part or re-name it RSM (REALY SLOW MESSENGER) or at least use the poney express it would ge there faster.

I would also like to see chat rooms, where people could just jump into conversations with others, that would be interesting.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 14, 2005 23:07

I have had so much trouble with the instant messages. I feel very fed up with the waiting time for any kind of response(if any).I havent met one person from California,or anywhere.I feel very disapointed,and i am still waiting for someone to contact me or return my instant messages.The only person I have met has been a female(curvy_leo).She is a sweetheart,and understands and agrees with myLargeFriends issues.Is anyone else feeling this way?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 21:51

You can have problems with firewalls and webpopup blockers. I have to disable mine to chat or list it as an allowed site. Sometimes when you are on there you have to keep hitting return to read the other persons messages and it often get miscontrued as being an awkward silence like they think you're having to think of answers when in fact it's a just a technical hitch...well that's my excuse...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 24, 2005 16:27

I am in the Computer industry and the chat on here is horrible. There is only 1 man online in TX most of the time when I check and I can't even get him to respond so I am REALLY hoping it is just the program itself
I'll keep trying!