Home > Plus size Forums > Just Chat > pictures Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
pictures
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 04, 2009 09:49

why is it people do not put pics on their profile?? I understand the whole nonjudgmental aspect but this is a specific type site so why not let people know who they are talking to? This applies to not just women but the men on here as well. From past experience I do not talk to people on the web w/out pics and profile info, and there might be others that are the same way. I am judged all the time and well it doesn't bother me at all. I like the automatic self weeding process that it induces.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2012 18:40

People who have nothing to hide...hide nothing.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 06, 2011 14:07

that is why I cant post pics here for fear of co-workers seeing me on here...or my husband for that matter lol...would love to chat if you are interested

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2011 09:11

I think maybe a lot of people are just selfconcious. I know it took me a long time to have the courage to post any picture of myself anywhere. Plus we're on a site directed towards dating for those with larger body types, so maybe they don't feel confident enough to post pictures for fear of ridicule. I've had to help friends out of bouts of teasing based on their appearances or body types, so it could stem from similar real-life problems.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 05, 2010 01:34

I've only been here about 1 week or so and I didn't want to post pics because I didn't want people I know (like my bosses or coworkers etc.) to somehow come upon them one day and know my business.  Then I just decided so what?  It's MY business.  I'm not doing anything wrong or anything I should be ashamed of.  I post my picture because even though people shouldn't be superficial the fact is that physical attraction is very important to many people.  I'm not going to lie, it's important to me too.  That's usually the first impression you have of someone.  She doesn't need to be gorgeous but I do need to see something in her that hooks me and pulls me in even if it's just a pair of voluptuous pouty lips or beautiful eyes I can get lost in.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 04, 2010 17:28

I agree with you totally.  My searches have been made easier because I just automatically pass profiles with no pictures.