Home > Plus size Forums > Message board > Friends Boyfriend Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Friends Boyfriend
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 20, 2007 19:10

I slept with my friends bf. I know it's bad. And I am ashamed.
However there are some extenuarting circumstances. She's a good friend and very supportive. But sorta a *****. One of those girls that always has a bf. very condesending at times. I broke up with my bf over a year ago and haven't been with anyone since. She was supportive. But some of her support was condesending. In order to get a new man, in her words, i needed to lose weight, get new clothes. i needed to know how to please a man. she was being supportive. but i found it hurtful to an extent.

Then her guy hits on me! i tried to resist, but he really put on the charm and seduced me. i caved in. i fell for his bs. anyway, i hadn't been with anyone in over a year and it was pretty wonderful.

I do feel bad. but at the same time im like, if i was overweight and in need of new clothes, why didn't your bf mind? and if you knew how to please a man, why was he hitting on me?

i cut it off with him. but am wondering if i should tell her and apologize or just forget about it. she thinks he's the one.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 16, 2007 21:25

You go grrl! You rock & she doesn't, that's why he hit on you. She obviously wasn't satisfying him. Unless she's a psychotic murderer, it doesn't matter if she finds out...she's not much of a friend anyway. It was good, it's over, move on. Just don't date him if they break up.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 22, 2007 08:41

Wow, looks like you have gotten yourself into a perdicament, to tell or not to tell. guess you have a tough decision to make, but just let me give ya another thing to think about, for some reason you feel your not gonna tell her, keep this in mind what if this guy and her have a fight and break up and for spite he decides to tell her they you two did the nasty, then you definitly gonna loose her as a friend for sure.....just something to think about

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 21, 2007 14:57

"Boys will be boys" blah, blah BULLSH*T. No. 1. doesn't sound like she was much of a friend to you, No. 2. doesn't sound like he is much of a bf to HER, No. 3. telling her is not going to sound like it would make matters worse and No. 4. EVERYONE makes mistakes. He was YOURS... and hers.

In the midst of all that is dishonorable, do the honorable thing and tell her. At least, in the end, you will have a clear concience and she will know what you both did.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 21, 2007 12:10

don't beat yourself up too much over this. your quote, " her support was condesending " ...speaks volums......
please, give that a little thought.

many women will disagree, but her anger should be toward her BF, not you. HE is the one " committed " to her.

I'm not saying you are free of wrong doing, here. but please, cut yourself some slack.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 04, 2007 16:11

OUCH! She was trying to help and you played the ***** card and slept with her man. Well, I would tell her, for 1. you wanted to get back at her and 2.She needs to know her man sucks!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 01, 2007 13:46

Judy229 write:
I slept with my friends bf. I know it's bad. And I am ashamed.
However there are some extenuarting circumstances. She's a good friend and very supportive. But sorta a *****. One of those girls that always has a bf. very condesending at times. I broke up with my bf over a year ago and haven't been with anyone since. She was supportive. But some of her support was condesending. In order to get a new man, in her words, i needed to lose weight, get new clothes. i needed to know how to please a man. she was being supportive. but i found it hurtful to an extent.

Then her guy hits on me! i tried to resist, but he really put on the charm and seduced me. i caved in. i fell for his bs. anyway, i hadn't been with anyone in over a year and it was pretty wonderful.

I do feel bad. but at the same time im like, if i was overweight and in need of new clothes, why didn't your bf mind? and if you knew how to please a man, why was he hitting on me?

i cut it off with him. but am wondering if i should tell her and apologize or just forget about it. she thinks he's the one.

Re:

Don't worry you only live once,enjoy yourself,and your life.As life is far to short to worry about,all the mistakes that you have made in life.Just worry about the future,darling.My very best wishes to you from Paul.P.S.I hope everything works out for you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 15:24

If you tell her, you will hurt her. If you don't tell her, then you and her boyfriend will always have this "secret" between you. So either way, you win. Either way you have "one-upped" your "friend".

I don't know your motive for being "seduced" by this man, but trust that you were being used. Trust that regardless of how things turn out, you won't come out on top...and that is what you want out of this, right?

I hope that you can sleep well in the bed--rather, mess that you made.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 11:10

Ouch

Well, men are men and human. They make mistakes. Not calling you a mistake FYI

While no doubt he found you attractive I doubt he talked of long term plans with you.

As such I think he saw you as a change of pace perhaps ....being a win-win hush hush type of scenario for him

OR

He thinks your a better person than your friend and was curious to find out?

I will say if you tell your friend about this I doubt your friendship will ever be the same ....it could ruin your relationship with her and her man as well.

Tough situation but how good of a friend is she that you would sleep with her man? Not very I would think....maybe I am wrong though