Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Dating tips? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Dating tips?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2005 08:22

I'm recently divorced and haven't had to "date" for years. Not sure if I remember how, LOL. What tips can you give someone just re-entering the dating scene?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 21:44

i think the main thing is to be confident eg believe in urself and u can achieve that date or a few friends or woteva ur looking for
always smile too lol

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 03:27

My dating tip of the day is never assume that the deal has been sealed after a great first date, I've been on a couple of dates where we've had a good time and the lady has kissed me passionately at the end and said she'll see me again, only for her to suddenly change her mind and decide I ain't the one.....

When did the rules change? I thought that if two people showed warmth and passion towards each other that there was something there?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 01:54

peachtreegurl write:
Hi, Down to Earth.. I started dating after a 15 year marriage ended. What a brave new world! lol I dated different "types" of men, which helped me discover who I had become and what i was looking for in a man in my late thirties vs. my early twenties. I met some great people and learned so much about myself! I tried to focus on the positive, even if a date went badly, by asking myself what I learned from the experience. I think the hardest thing to do is stay confident, and believe that you will find what you are looking for if you always stay true to yourself. Until then, just be as outgoing as possible, and let your personality shine through. Enjoy each new experience!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 07, 2005 09:47

Hi, Down to Earth.. I started dating after a 15 year marriage ended. What a brave new world! lol I dated different "types" of men, which helped me discover who I had become and what i was looking for in a man in my late thirties vs. my early twenties. I met some great people and learned so much about myself! I tried to focus on the positive, even if a date went badly, by asking myself what I learned from the experience. I think the hardest thing to do is stay confident, and believe that you will find what you are looking for if you always stay true to yourself. Until then, just be as outgoing as possible, and let your personality shine through. Enjoy each new experience!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 07, 2005 09:30

I think the most important thing is to KNOW the truth about yourself - you ARE good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, etc. You don't have to try to fit into another's ideal. Being who you are is enough of a gift to those around you. Even if the dating scene doesn't open up with lots of interest (I'm not saying it won't!), isn't an indication that there is ANYTHING wrong with you! Hang on to the truth!