Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > How do you pick men who want a relationship and not just sex Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How do you pick men who want a relationship and not just sex
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 02, 2007 18:29

It seems most of the men I have gone out with are ONLY interested in sex and not in getting to know me at all. I don't put the signals out there but it seems that is ALL I get. A man doesn't want to know ANYTHING about me and just puts on this "hey baby, why don't we go back to my place" - it makes me want to give up on dating completely. Now, I am definately NOT a prude. I'd just like to find a nice man that really wants to know who I am, will actually ask me questions about my life. Is that so impossible??? Anyway, I'd really like to know if anyone who does meet someone on-line if it's just the luck of the draw or if there is a trick to picking the right guy. Do other women have this problem or do other women think it's a problem. Maybe I'm living in a dream world that there are some men out there that really want to get to know women...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2011 10:11

Same here. I been on a few dates and they only want sex =(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2011 13:55

Yep i am starting to lose faith that their isn't any genuine guys out there any more.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 15, 2011 20:35

Thank you, Finally a real man who knows how to treat a lady no matter what.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 03, 2011 22:31

I agree bcuz after the sex then what now yes you want good sex but I want to be able to talk, enjoy your company and do somethings together.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 04, 2008 02:48

Well, to go against all the other comments from guys here, I personally do love sex. Can't get enough of it. However, I don't love diseases, and I do love stability. That being said, I'd prefer getting to know somebody and making sure I like waking up next to them in the morning. Once we're good, then yes... sex, sex, sex!

Yea it sounds bad, but w/e

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 06, 2008 13:07

Quoting bbanditx79:

The only clear way is to see how a man treats you. If he's only known you for a short while and is talking and eluding to sex already then you know something is up. A guy who truly wants to get to know you won't run if you tell him it's too early to be talking about that, heck he probably won't even bring it up in fear of running you off.

As a guy who is looking for something with some substance I don't ever bring up the topic with a female I'm interested in since it may give off the wrong impression. Heck I've had women bring it up to me because they know I'm not going there LOL.

I completely agree with this. This is also the same criteria that I look for when speaking with a potential interest, whether online or in person. If you are willing to really listen, most people give themselves away when allowed to speak freely. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 28, 2008 23:47

I'm just here for friends mostly, but i'm looking for someone who complements me and my personality. Sex is not my goal.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 02, 2008 17:45

I've also had the run ins with the men that only want sex. I don't understand if they are looking for only a hookup or just dating then say ONLY that on your profile. Don't give the woman a false impression that you're looking for a long-term relationship or even marriage when you're only out to try to get laid.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 13:58

The only clear way is to see how a man treats you. If he's only known you for a short while and is talking and eluding to sex already then you know something is up. A guy who truly wants to get to know you won't run if you tell him it's too early to be talking about that, heck he probably won't even bring it up in fear of running you off.

As a guy who is looking for something with some substance I don't ever bring up the topic with a female I'm interested in since it may give off the wrong impression. Heck I've had women bring it up to me because they know I'm not going there LOL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 16, 2008 05:26

I have only just found this site and will possibly soon upgrade to gold membership.

Just having a look round the site and saw this thread and thought I'd have a look.

I'm totally astonished at what some of you ladies have gone through. I really fail to see why some men go on these sites expecting to get immediate sexual satisfaction.

I supppose I must have been VERY naive to have expected people coming on this site actually wanting to find someone special to possible spend the rest of their lives with.

The sexual part of a relationship should progress naturally and two people who are attracted should come to a point where they both want to take the next step.

When and if I find my soulmate it will be based on their personality and if they are not very active sexually it would not make any difference. If you truly love someone physical contant with them is still special even if it is not sexual.

I really feel for the ladies who have been let down here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 17, 2008 22:50

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "just sex again," luvbbw05.... if that's what a person is looking for. If that's what you are seeking, go for it. You'll find it. But my guess is that most of the people on this site could find that without getting on the internet. There are plenty of venues for finding a sex partner. I think (hopefully) the majority of men and women on this site are hoping to meet someone special. The goals may be different, but we are all entitled to finding exactly what we are looking for without detours we don't want to take. Live and let live.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 06:04

Whats wrong with just sex again I don't get it....a good hard sexy time is good for the body and mind...yes "sexy time"...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 26, 2007 21:45

Common denominators other than a quick orgasmic junkie fix. I myself am looking for a girl who's 'artsy', imaginative, innovative, can leed her own way if needed or wanted. I want a friend to collaborate with my music. I want a prankster, someone who can point out ,"hey you don't know jack about that you chump!". Not just a fornication buddy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 17, 2007 21:08

As Christain man you can find us in church. We are not out there to sex with a woman right of......speaking for myself I like to get know her inside-out first and then just let thinks fall in place it can take awhile or longer I Love to respect my lady and respect her wish...........LOVE YOU ALL BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 18:31

You people are some of the smartest I've come across. The posts from both men and women are great on this forum! The idea that online dating starts with the profile is so true. Read between the lines. There is usually a, "Tell," a sign that they are mostly interested in just sex.

Let's not forget, men really ARE interested in sex. We all are. The difference is, sex is one of the main ways men feel connected to women. I can't say that I blame them for trying. If they didn't try within the first few dates, I would wonder what was wrong with them! But, if they are trying on the first date, they ARE only looking for sex. Move one. But consider, they may have seen something on your profile that led them to believe they could get lucky. Or, they are just playing the numbers game and figure with every 10th try, they will get lucky.

Hold your boundaries, ladies. If you don't want sex on the first date, don't have it. Be more discriminating before that first date if it keeps happening to you.

I haven't been on a real date in a long time because, I put in the effort before I meet them. It narrows my options but, at least I'm not getting pounced during coffee.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 15, 2007 21:41

I feel yall pain too. I met someone on here who had a nice profile, talked about going out to movies, theater and such, but every time we talked he wanted to go to his house to "hang out" and never wanted to go anywhere. He also suggested we just sit at home and I cook for him! What ever. I am close to giving up too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 18, 2007 18:31

Hey girl,
Hi how are you. I guess for me anyways, is that I always look at what name they post and what their content is. I saw one today that was totally insulting. I figure that if they are true and are really a nice guy then they have taken the time and effort to put up a good profile. Words are powerful... have a great night...and good luck..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 12, 2007 12:57

You are totally correct!! That is about all I have found too, men who only want sex. You would think a man in his 60's would want to have a bit of a companion and not so much sex. They do not want to know anything about me. I met a guy on here, we went to coffee. We talked for two and a half hours and he never ask me one question about me. Just talked about himself and when we could "get together". No more emails for him!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 05, 2007 11:00

i have to agree with you divinemsjunebug
,i think the computer has a lot to answer for , within 5 minutes they are asking your bust size and what you like in bed , yet the profile is asking for honesty and no mind games . i am so tired of it all and think i will be spending the rest of my life alone. this will be ashame as i have a lot to give the right person ,but how this will come about the way things are ., i do try to drag the conversation around to everyday life but they bring it back to sex all the time and thats not what life is about so here is a very unhappy person fed up with men .