Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Well, it appears to be true... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Well, it appears to be true...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 30, 2005 21:27

It seems as though indeed, a good relationship finds you where you aren't looking for it.

In my case, it found me on the picket line. This man is nearly my ideal in every way, and after weeks of flirting back and forth, we finally had our first date this weekend, and all I have to say is wow.

I'm a little stunned, really, because like most people, I have my insecurities, and to have someone who is so smart, funny, kind, caring, and (well, to me anyway) attractive as all heck returning thsoe feelings is rather a head trip. It's even more of a head trip that he waited to ask me out because he felt the same insecurities towards me.

I don't know where this is heading, but wherever it is, I am really going to enjoy this trip.
It seems as though indeed, a good relationship finds you where you aren't looking for it.

In my case, it found me on the picket line. This man is nearly my ideal in every way, and after weeks of flirting back and forth, we finally had our first date this weekend, and all I have to say is wow.

I'm a little stunned, really, because like most people, I have my insecurities, and to have someone who is so smart, funny, kind, caring, and (well, to me anyway) attractive as all heck returning thsoe feelings is rather a head trip. It's even more of a head trip that he waited to ask me out because he felt the same insecurities towards me.

I don't know where this is heading, but wherever it is, I am really going to enjoy this trip.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 09, 2005 05:22

Jack! Great to see you again :) Ty for the warm fuzzy thoughts.

Things are still going great. The only complaint I have is out of our control. The picket line is about the worst place for gossip I have been outside of high school, so all of a sudden I find my love life being the subject of everyone's conversation...lol. It's an odd feeling at times.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 08, 2005 21:00

Hi Dee,
I'm very happy to hear your good news hun xx, Love on the picket line, sounds like a springsteen song..lol Don't forget my wedding invite, (could be a busy year.) best wishes for the future hun.

Modgal, my favourite niece falling in love, if I were a woman I'd cry i'm so happy.... Your old uncle jack will be there to see you down the aisle sweetie, and cousin cletus will be there with his scattergun, so the varmint don't make a run for it...
Here's hoping that dreams come true, for both Modgal and Dee, and of course the rest of us too...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 08, 2005 19:46

Sure, Frey, the more the merrier.

Plus, none of us will have to wear hideous salmon pink taffeta dreses that way.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 07, 2005 04:08

Congrats, Modgal!

Man, at this rate, it may be easier just to have a mass LF wedding....lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 05, 2005 08:42

yay for dee! "terminally adorable"... that's so sweet!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 04, 2005 17:04

Thank you all for your kind words :)

Things are going really well, still. I may be broke and on strike, but I am still on cloud 9. We have been spending almost every free moment together, and it's scary how compatible we are. We make the same kinds of jokes, get the same pop culture references.

I keep knocking wood and pinching myself.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 04, 2005 10:57

Can I buy a Hat yet????
Congrats and so happy for you!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 17:28

I am so glad for you. Good luck to you and your new friend. I wish lots of love and good times to you both!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 14:21

Sounds like a good story line for a movie or book..."Woman meets man of her dreams in the picket line"...sooooo romantic...*sigh*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 01, 2005 06:33

Hmmm....makes me want to stand in the Sprint Communications Picket Line just down the street....LOL

YOU GO, GIRL....
Hmmm....makes me want to stand in the Sprint Communications Picket Line just down the street....LOL

YOU GO, GIRL....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 01, 2005 04:59

Congrats! That's great to hear..you must keep us posted!
Congrats! That's great to hear..you must keep us posted!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 01, 2005 04:05

Congratulations, Dee! I have always been a believer in love happening when you least expect it.... I am sooooo glad it happened for you!
Congratulations, Dee! I have always been a believer in love happening when you least expect it.... I am sooooo glad it happened for you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 19:13

Thank you everyone. I am pretty excited, and it just keeps getting better. We have alot in common, and I'm both very at ease around him and excited to see him all the same time. It's kinda distracting me from you know.....having been in a labour dispute for 103 days with no end in sight.

Modgal, if we get to the point of needing bridesmaids, you'll be the first to know, and I promise, no hideous dresses.

And Music, I know exactly what you mean. This is someone who has seen me on good days and bad, wearing "picket line chic", which can be kinda scary. No makeup and bad, windblown hair. And he still calls me beautiful or "terminally adorable". Gotta admit, there is a shallow, vain girl inside of me that is doing cartwheels at not only hearing the words, but seeing the actions to back it up....showing affection in public, etc.

ok, I will stop gushing now before you all get sugar shock.
Thank you everyone. I am pretty excited, and it just keeps getting better. We have alot in common, and I'm both very at ease around him and excited to see him all the same time. It's kinda distracting me from you know.....having been in a labour dispute for 103 days with no end in sight.

Modgal, if we get to the point of needing bridesmaids, you'll be the first to know, and I promise, no hideous dresses.

And Music, I know exactly what you mean. This is someone who has seen me on good days and bad, wearing "picket line chic", which can be kinda scary. No makeup and bad, windblown hair. And he still calls me beautiful or "terminally adorable". Gotta admit, there is a shallow, vain girl inside of me that is doing cartwheels at not only hearing the words, but seeing the actions to back it up....showing affection in public, etc.

ok, I will stop gushing now before you all get sugar shock.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 16:47

congratulations. is there something in the water at lf at the moment as quite a few seem to be finding mr/miss right be it on or off the site lol, long may it continue for all those who are still looking
congratulations. is there something in the water at lf at the moment as quite a few seem to be finding mr/miss right be it on or off the site lol, long may it continue for all those who are still looking

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 06:52

Congrats Dee! I think it's awesome to meet someone in situation like that. I always thought it would be nice to have someone ask me out 'just because' he liked who I was, not just because we landed in the same website where it's about my size... even though I'm an thankful we have this venue.
Congrats Dee! I think it's awesome to meet someone in situation like that. I always thought it would be nice to have someone ask me out 'just because' he liked who I was, not just because we landed in the same website where it's about my size... even though I'm an thankful we have this venue.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 04:09

Thanks, Rock :)
Thanks, Rock :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 30, 2005 21:58

Hey thats fantastic dee !!!! congratulations love can be found in the most unusual places ... and ya never know, that picket line may lead to a "picket fence" ... lol good luck
Hey thats fantastic dee !!!! congratulations love can be found in the most unusual places ... and ya never know, that picket line may lead to a "picket fence" ... lol good luck