Home > Plus size Forums > DATING > Opinions wanted Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Opinions wanted
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 18, 2005 17:00

Hi there :)

So, even though I lik to pretend I am great at relationships, I'm really not. To date, my only long term relationship has been my highly dysfunctional marriage.

So, now that I am in a new relationship, I am suddenly beset by self doubt here. Things are going so well, it's almost scary. I almost feel like things are far too good to be true. After 3 weeks of speding almost all our free time together, we have yet to have an argument (we don't agree on everything, but things have never gotten heated) and it jut feels right.

My question is....is it possible to have things simply work this well? Where things just click without effort? I've always thought relationships of any kind required work, even the good ones. Or could it be that I am not noticing the work I am putting into it because I do care for him so much already?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 15:47

Dee, you need to trust yourself. If you believe that you deserve to be in a loving relationship (and it seems that you are in one), then just go with it. Don't second guess yourself. As long as you both respect one another and are happy, just have faith in your self and go with it. Don't let bad relationships in the past, cloud over your happiness now.

Good luck to you, girl.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 18:54

Thanks all :)

Glad to hear that I am not just living in some kinda fantasy world here. And you are right Jack, I did meet him "in real life", and no offence to dating sites...I've used them enough.....but it was so much better.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 09:04

Well said ladies and best of wishes to you Dee. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 06:37

Dee, I am really happy for you. When you find the "right" person, things just seem to flow. Sounds like things are flowing quite well. I know people who have been married for years and have never had a heated argument so don't let that concern you. I personally think it is good that you two are so well "matched" that you don't really argue. I think that says a lot more about your compatability than not. Just relax and enjoy it sweetie. Happiness sometimes feels very elusive and we forget that we actually deserve it! and YOU deserve it!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 06:12

congrats dee and enjoy it while it lasts some times things just click in right i had that once adn was awesome had 10 wonderfull years together ,, but now i am out there looking again
gl and have loads of fun

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 03:07

Hello Dee.
Of course it's possible for things to go well! Sounds like you're really happy with this guy.
I followed your posts and read that you met him in 'real life' rather than online. This has to be a good thing.
I think we get disappointed so many times that we become cynical about ever finding somebody worth having. I know that's true for me.
I wouldn't analyse too much, just have fun spending time together and enjoy yourselves.
Best of luck to you both.....Jack xx