Plus size Forums > Romance > Why are their so many bbwomen single? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why are their so many bbwomen single?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 27, 2005 11:31

waiting for responses from singles

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 13, 2013 00:56

well down here in the south we seem to have a shortage of bbw's so come on down!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 17:17

Personally, I found that men do not want to be in long-term relationships with BBW's.

Sad, but true - just what I see.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 12:49

I have been a BBW for a very long time and living in Southern California single for a very long. I actually believe that the men in Calif. do not appreciate a BBW, therefore, many of us are single and remain single. If you don't open the book you will not appreciate the blessing received or uncover the jewel hidden inside.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 14:08

I don't really care what a woman looks like... if she's nice enough to talk to me and give me a chance I'll be happy as can be

I must say all you ladies are so cute in your pictures, just don't settle for anyone, there is someone out there who will treat you right, just keep looking and don't rush anything!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 16, 2005 08:37

Some may chase and date but there are alot of men that want to mistreat woman no matter what the race is. Finding a good guy that will treat you the way you need to be treated is the problem and finding them single. Where are all the single, serious and loving men at ?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 07:06

Hey ladies. I'm also in Australia & it's the young guys that date the thinner girls. I've always liked bigger women & always dated them. A lot of guys here in my town like bigger girls.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 21:52

I get so many comments like I like your personality and you have a nice face but I couldn't date you because of your weight. Ugh ! that makes me so mad. I'd rather them just not say anything.Here in California everyone expects women to be size 3 with big tops. I'm Thinking of moving. Maybe Vegas ?

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 05, 2005 10:17

I agree with Deena. I don't have a shortage of interests at all just finding a good quality guy is the problem. I don't think I should have to settle just because I'm a BBW. I just have to be patient and hope the right one comes along.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 01, 2005 12:49

i get the same thing pretty often. Ive had people (guys) stop me on the street to say i had a bum worth grabbing but its sooo dirty and i just shut down when they say it. its like right, cause THATS appealing. not exactly my idea of the guy i want to start dating.

Honey, from your pics, you dont look like youre big at all. i think you said once you were a US 14, and thats nothing! I mean, if you went to the US you wouldnt have much toruble (least where i was from anyway. anything above and then you have issues) At present i live in the uk and im a top size UK16 and bottom uk20-22 (think thats US 14 and 18-20) but im shaped weird and its impossible to not look like quasimodo. :(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 15:29

what an odd question.

most of my single friends are slim, attractive outgoing yet have difficulty meeting a guy. its not an easier for them size is obviousy not the issue.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 06:23

We're single because they're aren't enough guys like you living nearby!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 20, 2005 21:11

Alot of men now a days want to have a harem! and see nothing wrong with that ? I refuse to share my man....simple really.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 18, 2005 12:03

I tend to think im single cause im both fantastically picky, and i refuse to settle for guys who only want me for physical ... er... acts. they dont like me for who i am or what i look like, but what i could possibly provide for them. Thats a choice i make... but also, the media and social stigma has absolutely destroyed my self confidence and my self opinion is so low that its almost impossible for me to believe a decent attractive male could be interested in me, honestly interested, as anything other than a friend...

but thats me personally... I have seen many many lovely big women with partners living a very happy life. Just wish i could join them!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 14:51

Hey, someone who is also amused!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 13:06

I can't believe people are asking this question because...

if you pick up any magazine, watch any TV show, (other than a few on UPN and the Latino TV stations that show women of size) everyone is thin and young. Young girls are getting lipsuction before they have hit their 16th birthdays.

America is obsesssed with thinness yet 31% of the population is obese and 61% is overwieght by NIH standards.

I didn't get married until I was 42 because it took that long to find someone who was willing to see past the fat and I was only 30 lbs. overwieght at the time. However, it was well worth the wait as my husband was an angel...sadly he passed away two years ago. I am not even going to hope to duplicate my experience with him...lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Good Luck But this is a mean country when it comes to women and men who are larger than the examples of what the media is shoving down our throats.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 07:50

All these are good points....and I'd have to say that I agree with them all to some degree.

In my experience, I lacked the confidence to put myself into the dating scene, and therefore remained single, or dated men that I had 'settled' for. Thank goodness those days are over....Vegas has truckloads of men that love thick girls!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 13, 2005 17:34

Hey :)

I'm Single by choice and I'd have to say there is no shortage of interests but it SO much more about QUALITY than quantity !

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 12, 2005 12:48

I don't see a problem of not been with a woman because of her size. I truly love BBWs. Tall women, short women, big women, etc., etc they are all people. Whats counts is personality and wether or not you are willing to accept the other person for who they are and what they are. If man can't accept a woman for who she is, etc then move along to someone who you think you want to be with and be seen with, and vice versa. People have got to stop playing the childish games.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 09:41

Some of us live in small towns that don't have men who appreciate us and what we have to offer. My town is like that.